Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,528 Posts
in the cool stakes, the honda wins hands down. they loved the honda. but range is only 100miles real world and the boot is too small for dog. arggh!
How about a Peugeot e-2008 or a DS3 e-tense?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,896 Posts
Corsa electric isn't brilliant for rear passengers either. It does however have opening doors and windows. Boot might be sufficient for a small dog. Rear seats are actually better dog seats than people seats!

Range is more like 150-200 miles.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have to ask it, becuase no one asked: Zoe? The ZE50 has a much better interior than the previous gen, slightly larger than e-208/e-corsa. I find it to be one of the most practical EVs in the price range, and the range on a single charge is impressive.

·
Registered
BMW i3
2,124 Posts
Nausea is a thing with the i3, all my family complain when they have to go in the back.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love my i3 but I would not choose it for a family of 5. The back is already a bit claustrophobic for any but short journeys.
If you think it is the way to go for other reasons, you should try an i3S, which is much more planted and stable than the standard version.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I have to ask it, becuase no one asked: Zoe? The ZE50 has a much better interior than the previous gen, slightly larger than e-208/e-corsa. I find it to be one of the most practical EVs in the price range, and the range on a single charge is impressive.
Maybe the Renault badge puts OP off? We had the i3 for a while and other than the performance, I preferred our ZE40. Our ZE50 GT Line arrived yesterday and only done two journeys, but so far I am very impressed.

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
660 Posts
I quite like the rear door arrangement on the i3, but it represents a different compromise from the one normal 4 door cars create. The only real inconvenience is the seat belt going with the back door .. if you only had to open the door to let rear seat passengers out that would be one thing, but having to unbuckle and rebuckle is one step more than you want ..

At least the car doesn't paranoically engage the handbrake the moment you unbuckle like some I could mention ..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts