Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
EREV owner
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Ok, I just noticed something today after 7 months of ownership.
In my defense I don't use the sat nav much.
Anyway, when you are approx 300 yards from your turn a bar displays which reduces in length until you are at the turn, as well as the voice prompts, Image below from manual with colour added to highlight the bar.
I like this, nice touch. Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else had missed it.
Or is it only us slow folk :-(

Peter
Nav.png

·
Registered
597 Posts
Interesting, I hadnt noticed that. I had to use the satnav last week and was totally unfamiliar with it, but it was easy to use and it did the job ok. Its just that womans voice that does your head in. I will have to read the manual to use it to its full extent.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Interesting, I hadnt noticed that. I had to use the satnav last week and was totally unfamiliar with it, but it was easy to use and it did the job ok. Its just that womans voice that does your head in. I will have to read the manual to use it to its full extent.
First thing I did when I bought the Volt was turn off voice guidance ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
First thing I did when I bought the Volt was turn off voice guidance ;)
That would be ideal but I find when in unfamiliar areas using voice for directions is preferable and safer as I can keep my eyes on the road. The satnav screen isnt as simple to read as a TomTom for example. I can glance at a TomTom screen and its clear but the Ampera takes a little visual deciphering. The voice is like 2 mad sisters, one giving general commands I can cope with, but her sister buts in and shrieks the road names. If I had a passenger I think I would rather get lost than suffer the embarrassment of having a high tech car with a moron installed giving me directions, I visualise her as having mad staring eyes and a knife in her hand.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The second sister who shrieks is worse than comical. How can any manufacturer of any size supply such a poor text to voice software?
Surely it only required a tweak to improve it dramatically.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts