Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone bother to use the Outlander Nav systems "Charging point" location lists?
How do you update them ( cant find any ref in the manual )
IPhone app did a "car software update" when I paired it when I got the car at the beginning of August but I didn't notice if it added anything to the lists...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have used them to find the odd charging point here and there and certainly some I wouldn't have found. That said the options to select which charging point seem overly technical and the difference between public and private doesn't seem as obvious as the naming convention suggests.

I have read on some Dutch forums that they are a bit miffed about the lack of map updates BUT checking this morning there is an update showing for charging points! See here

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=CampaignLanding_Mitsubishi_EV_EU&NewLocaleID=en_GB&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&&

Now given my PHEV died just before I went away for 2 weeks and I had to use a loan car and I am off out in a couple of hours I am not offering to be the first person to do this! Be interested to hear how someone gets on!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Couldn't resist it and tried the update, the car already has the updated version so there was nothing to do. Well useful to keep a note of the page for future updates. I did try and sign up for future notifications but the page didn't take me to anything that allowed to sign up for updates. Will try another day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked at that "Update" and the file date is Jan 22nd 2014 so if your car is recently delivered and your dealer is on the ball they should have already updated it...
On the same site it lists a Full Euro Map update @ £159 - From what my Dealer told me the map updates would be free! at least for the first year...
I have a Garmin GPS on my Motorbike and the "Lifetime" Map Update subscription was only £89...
Anyone else get the same story from their dealer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts