Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ID.3 with the 30mph problem. On local roads without speed signs it defaults to 30mph. Or so I thought - until yesterday when I drove 'up north' where everthing worked. It was actually north of the A303 in Somerset. So my simple logic - is the Navigation Database corrupt or just plain wrong.

I'm running - or should I say the car is running version 21.3. Any idea how I can update it or check it?
Caused by toast/bread crumbs?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,852 Posts
I've been thinking about this. My iPhone in my pocket running Waze via CarPlay is pretty accurate with the GPS. It very rarely gets it wrong.

However, the ID.3 is often thinking I've turned off the dual Carriageway. Although the map database might be bad (although it's used in lots of other VAG cars I guess), the more likely explanation is that it's a software glitch. A tiny lag with the system puts you many yards 'off course' and it will change the speed limit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ID.3 with the 30mph problem. On local roads without speed signs it defaults to 30mph. Or so I thought - until yesterday when I drove 'up north' where everthing worked. It was actually north of the A303 in Somerset. So my simple logic - is the Navigation Database corrupt or just plain wrong.

I'm running - or should I say the car is running version 21.3. Any idea how I can update it or check it?
Caused by toast/bread crumbs?
I’m north of the A303 and my ID.3 has this problem. It seems that it assumes that all unrestricted B roads and unclassified roads have a speed limit of 30mph.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m north of the A303 and my ID.3 has this problem. It seems that it assumes that all unrestricted B roads and unclassified roads have a speed limit of 30mph.
Well that blows my theory out of the water - thanks.
My local 'garage' has an ID.3 in the workshop with the same problem. Under the direction of VW they have re-programmed everything and replaced the camera - run all of their 'diagnostics' - thrown a few old bones around. Still the same. I mentioned my 'north of the 303 theory' - they ignored it and basically said go away - you don't know what your talking about. It still boils down to the mapping - knowing how to respond to unrestricted B roads and unclassified roads. Doesn't bode well for VW dealers - they don't ahve a clue what they are doing.
Time for toast.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
100 Posts
I used to see the same (local roads shown as 30 when should be 60) in my local area (north of the A303) when I was on 19.8. But after the car updated the navigation itself to something more recent it is now fixed. I have not been any further south than the M4 . I do see the odd incorrect speed limit, which i verified in the online maps database (HERE Map Creator - 2020) and even reported corrections, but unsure if that will ever be reflected in the in-car navigation database. Last time I am checked i am on 21.2; there does not seem any way to force a maps update AFAIK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.