Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the sat navigation map dose not include all charging points. I noticed this when I found The rapid charge station at Cobham of the m25 was not shown. I realized this might be a problem if planing a long journey. I tried to do an update but it still did not show. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
The Leaf satnav is pretty useless for finding charging locations. The map is very out of date and always has been right from the very launch of the Leaf. I stopped using Carwings for anything shortly after getting my Leaf 3 years ago and it hasn't improved since AFAIK.

There is no place that has all the charge locations. Some maps such as Zap-Map and Open Charge Map have most of them but even they are not 100% accurate and even if the charge location is there often the data and info is out of date and inaccurate.

It is one of the challenges of EV life.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Open Charge Map is an Open Source project to build a community run charging database. The data on it is provided and maintained mainly by the EV community members themselves. If you see a new charger then you can add it to the database yourself :)

See http://openchargemap.org

·
Registered
124 Posts
I see the sat navigation as two card one for the map on the right side .
What's is the one on the left , could this be for up loading waypoint something like you can do on my Garmin GPS

·
Registered
528 Posts
Has anyone noticed the sat navigation map dose not include all charging points.
As @Paul_Churchley has said, it's pretty hopeless. Don't get me wrong it gets updates all the time, but it's hopeless. Chargers are listed as free which aren't, it doesn't mention time restrictions at dealers, newly installed chargers never appear, and if you've bought a used Leaf it will be full of friends of friends on the previous owner where they've charged the car!
Use ZapMap / OCM / TEH, pick your recharge points in advance, ignore the sat nav, and relax. :)

I see the sat navigation as two card one for the map on the right side .
What's is the one on the left , could this be for up loading waypoint something like you can do on my Garmin GPS
No, it's for exporting/importing your locations, if you by a new Leaf for example...
You can you Googles Send-to-Car to send destinations/waypoints to you car over the air. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks I will have a look at the Google link. That sounds, like what I am looking for.
On the new leaf, I think you have a reset that could delete all the waypoint be for you sale the car

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was playing with the navigation and I could see the system going on line and was downloading new charging points so my carwings is working now fantastic

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Don't rely on CarWings and in-car Nav for charge points or charge point information (operator, prices, if they're actually there or working). It's quite slow to update (being kind) and not very accurate either. Unfortunately the entire process of finding and using chargers is a bit over-complex and messy still.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was playing with the navigation and I could see the system going on line and was downloading new charging points so my carwings is working now fantastic
As @Paul say, it's been updated to Nissans latest maps. However, Nissan is miles behind the curve. There will still be chargers missing, in the wrong place, wrong details etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts