Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using the navigation system to plan a long route, the car plans the journey leaving only 10% charge at the destination. Is there a way to change this setting? 10% might not be enough to get from the destination to the first supercharging facility on the way home!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Can you plan a return journey back to your home, planning your destination as a stop off? Then presumably you should have enough juice when you get there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've found out that if you bookmark ABRP in the Web browser in the car, you can log into your account and just use that app in the car. Shame you can't do it with the navigation system in the car itself!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've found out that if you bookmark ABRP in the Web browser in the car, you can log into your account and just use that app in the car. Shame you can't do it with the navigation system in the car itself!
You can also use the ABRP app in the phone.

·
Registered
563 Posts
On a long journey I have learnt that I can rely on the route planner. A Better Route Planner is a useful tool while gaining confidence in the car’s route planner but I no longer use it. If I want to arrive at a destination or enroute charger with a higher than initially suggested SoC I charge for a bit longer at the previous one until the anticipated SoC is what I want. For example, if I want 20% SoC at the destination then I charge until the route detail indicates this figure.

If you scroll down to the bottom the route detail you will see the expected SoC if returning to the start point. By using the Energy screen for a few journeys you will become more comfortable with how the car performs. I find it very reliable. I just drive it and use the on-board navigation tool.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On a long journey I have learnt that I can rely on the route planner. A Better Route Planner is a useful tool while gaining confidence in the car’s route planner but I no longer use it. If I want to arrive at a destination or enroute charger with a higher than initially suggested SoC I charge for a bit longer at the previous one until the anticipated SoC is what I want. For example, if I want 20% SoC at the destination then I charge until the route detail indicates this figure.

If you scroll down to the bottom the route detail you will see the expected SoC if returning to the start point. By using the Energy screen for a few journeys you will become more comfortable with how the car performs. I find it very reliable. I just drive it and use the on-board navigation tool.
That's a great idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
776 Posts

Yeah that's what I do(y)

I can live fine without waypoints as it's so quick and easy to see what you need in terms of the state of charge to get places, but to have them added just adds to an already very good user experience.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I used to use ABRP meticulously for longer journeys, however lots of big improvements in charging network over the last 3 years. This means I generally have a quick squint at my charging options, charge the car fully before I go, then jump in the car and set off.

Used that method in August doing a ~1,000 mile round trip to Glasgow and it works just fine now. For the most part longer journeys are already covered as the car inserts charging stops, but I agree waypoints would be nice if just for simplicity, rather than individual legs to be calculated.

Would be nice if when the implement it they can been selected in the app , sent to the car which allows for working it out before setting it off, with it all ready when you jump in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts