Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there any way to set up the Tesla navigation system so that it turns down the radio (or pauses Music playback) when announcing directions? In my model 3, the navigation system just talks right over the audio stream making it difficult to hear the directions.

Every other car I've had paused the music or radio to make direction announcements and then restarted it afterwards.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I know that the car stores music volume and navigation volume separately. You can set the navigation volume louder, it works for me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the answer to your question, but I know that the car stores music volume and navigation volume separately. You can set the navigation volume louder, it works for me.
Yes, I've done that but if you have the music loud, and the navigation louder, it just becomes a shouting match!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Is there any way to set up the Tesla navigation system so that it turns down the radio (or pauses Music playback) when announcing directions?
No :(

Reactions: paulsinger

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,724 Posts
Seems an extraordinary omission for such an electronically advanced vehicle!

What happens when your phone rings?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems an extraordinary omission for such an electronically advanced vehicle!

What happens when your phone rings?
As you'd expect, when the phone rings, the audio system mutes. So it must be a software bug for the navigation.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
As you'd expect, when the phone rings, the audio system mutes. So it must be a software bug for the navigation.
It's been like it for the 3+ years I've had a Tesla so don't think it's a bug. It's a bit like waypoints are missing, these features are standard in many cars but haven't, so far, made the Tesla cut. Seemingly waypoints are on the way 'soon'.

Reactions: Todor
1 - 8 of 8 Posts