Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't understand what that is supposed to mean. We currently download the updates too. Although it mentions free ... But it also has an asterisk ...

·
Vendor
1,650 Posts
Will say it depends on the country you are in. UK gives free map updates for life, with life set at a minimum of 10 years from date of purchase

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice, so it means we can update the maps on our own and do not have to wait until service.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You saw this already ? Still in preparation - but if/when working, could be a good thing

The European pages have now been removed, so not for us! :mad::mad:

John.

·
Registered
Kona 64
603 Posts
Not surprised, although the dealers do not really want to do this, equally they do not want to relinquish control.
Still waiting for them to announce what the deal with Ionity will be.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you guys haven't done a software update yourself and you are curious how it works or even fearful of braking something:
I made a video walk through to show you how it works. It's actually very easy!
Link to YouTube:

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you guys haven't done a software update yourself and you are curious how it works or even fearful of braking something:
I made a video walk through to show you how it works. It's actually very easy!
Link to YouTube:
@esprit1st

Map updates in the UK are dealer only. They're free of charge and should be done with the annual service, but aren't always. :mad:

John.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Does anyone know how to find out what the most up-to-date software and map update is?
Mine is going in for its first service in a couple of weeks and i would like to make sure they know that an update is required.
Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi @Tall Phil

These are the versions that were released in March this year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There was a big update (firmware, software, nav and map) released by Hyundai in March 2020. Available for install by dealers May 2020.
I had great trouble getting my dealer to install the update at my first service last week. If you don't push them hard for the update they won't do it. Make sure it goes
on the jobsheet for your service.
My dealer clearly didn't have a clue how to go about doing the update and skipped it all together. Luckily I had taken a photo of the version numbers before
I went to the garage, so before driving off I checked the numbers and nothing had changed.
Went back in to tell them, embarrassment all round. They were going to have a go straight away, would take about an hour (an hour?!).
Came back... all done.
Checked numbers again, nothing changed, apart from now having an older version of the sat.nav. map than what I came there with.
More embarrassment! They had a 'compatibility problem' and had to abort the update and re-install the current version. Which apparently includes
an old version of the map.
They would investigate and let me know when to come back for the full update. On my drive home, it became clear that the map was incompatible
with the software, as it never locked on to any satellites and never worked on my 45 minute drive home.

A few days later I received a phonecall that the dealer had a few practice runs with doing updates on Kona's and were now confident that it would
all go smoothly.
20 minutes work, all done. Here is a photo of the versions.
KONA UPDATE 2020.JPG

·
Registered
337 Posts
@mondeokeith ,

Yes as you can see from the photo I posted above those maps were available in March if you dealer could be bothered to go get them!

John.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm sorry for that. That is terrible.

Especially the experience of @mondeokeith

It shows you how much some of the dealers care. I'm glad we can do these updates by ourselves here in the US and Canada. They take a while since we have to download first, but other than that they are pretty painless.

Looks like that new website is only for pretty much all of the world but Europe.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Knowing our local dealer, they'll probably install updates intended for a VW Golf :rolleyes:

Reactions: esprit1st

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you want to check out some of the differences in the new software update, I made a video about it.
Also I found a button that seems to not be explained anywhere. The "P"-Button.
If anybody knows how it works. Let us know!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Premium SE 64kWh, Ceramic Blue
82 Posts
Does anyone know how to find out what the most up-to-date software and map update is?
Mine is going in for its first service in a couple of weeks and i would like to make sure they know that an update is required.
Thanks
My Kona was in the dealership yesterday for the battery software update, the workshop manager said they were aware of the March update, but had not been given access to the update yet, he is working on the idea that it has been delayed thanks to COVID-19. Let's hope your dealer has access before your service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts