Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV. Lotus Exige. Volvo XC90
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could one of you Polestar owners take a photo of you sitting in the driver's seat (taken from outside the car), so I can get an idea of how high the seating position is.

I have mild arthritis in my knees and need a seating position that is similar to a Volvo XC60, XC40 or V70.

Appreciate this is a wierd request. I am 5ft 9",.slim build and hoping this car suits my needs as a company car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Could one of you Polestar owners take a photo of you sitting in the driver's seat (taken from outside the car), so I can get an idea of how high the seating position is.

I have mild arthritis in my knees and need a seating position that is similar to a Volvo XC60, XC40 or V70.

Appreciate this is a wierd request. I am 5ft 9",.slim build and hoping this car suits my needs as a company car.
There is quite a range of adjustment, I have the seat about half way up the range, and I am 5 9 and a bit, not slim build ( I wish). You might get a better response on www.polestar-forum.com, as this forum seems to be not used much any more.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Take a look here. I did a drawing and provided some accurate measurements.

If you post there, I’m sure someone will offer for you to sit in their car. You’re too far from me but there are plenty of owners in your vicinity.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Have a look at the review EVM did:
His left knee suffered throughout due to the placement of the centre console thingie. Worth a watch!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's an interesting and honest video. A couple of design flaws to compromise with.
Seating position (knees) looks fine but that centre tunnel/console could limit leg comfort.
I need to try one.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2 - 2020
323 Posts
Almost everyone who has a Polestar 2 said the whole knee thing was over done for effect in that review, including myself.

At worst some people did it once then never again.

However, I will agree the front cabin is snug, but I've always had cars that did that anyway and on a 150mile long drive I enjoyed the snug safe feel it gave me, and I got home with zero problems. I'm 5'9" and med-large built. It's worth going to a test drive of finding someone who lives near you and asking if you can sit in before buying if you are worried.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent, thank you.
The Polestar is on my test drive list.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a look at the review EVM did:
His left knee suffered throughout due to the placement of the centre console thingie. Worth a watch!
I commented on this video. His knee issue is probably because he‘s got into the habit of spreading his knees open when driving. I’m over 6ft and cannot see how anyone would bash their knee on the storage area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts