Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Not an advert Just a new start up trying to connect with potential customers. I guess our USP is that we honestly care about customer service and we honour our warranties and offer genuine piece of mind.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Hi, Not an advert Just a new start up trying to connect with potential customers. I guess our USP is that we honestly care about customer service and we honour our warranties and offer genuine piece of mind.
Honour warranties is a legal obligation, do you accept credit card payments .

Different subject, do you have a technical datasheet for your plug in charger which describes amongst other functionality, welded contact checking, correct diode function at the car, DC earth leakake monitoring, a list of IEC standards which it complies with, copies of European Test House independent certification etc.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Yes we do. I’m really sorry that my post has upset you so much. It wasn’t my intention
Not upset.

It's possibly a good idea to list all the detailed functional aspects of your product: it means a prospective purchaser knows what they are getting. Your competitors can provide all the above information.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,958 Posts
I can give these guys a recommendation. I've just bought one of their type 2 to type 2 untethered cables at a very very competitive price of £124.99 (MG sales price is £179). I ordered it on the 19/5/20 and it arrived 26/5/20. Very tidy product which worked straight out of the bag.

Order was followed by an email asking if I needed any help. I reckon these guys are trying to build a reputation for themselves and I wish them all the best.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
[QUOTE=" I ordered it on the 19/5/20 and it arrived 26/5/20. Very tidy product which worked straight out of the bag.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, this is such a low expectation.

To paraphrase, it was cheaper than the dealer item ( but not other online sellers) it arrived, it worked.

Julius Caesar would have said exactly the same!

·
Registered
344 Posts
[QUOTE=" I ordered it on the 19/5/20 and it arrived 26/5/20. Very tidy product which worked straight out of the bag.

To paraphrase, it was cheaper than the dealer item ( but not other online sellers) it arrived, it worked.

Julius Caesar would have said exactly the same!
[/QUOTE]
It was delivered on time in good condition and it worked. They also followed up to check that the customer was happy and to see if any further help was needed. Price is readily available to check, sure you could get the same thing marginally cheaper on AliExpress and take the risk of customs duties, vendor hassles and delivery delays. That's a choice that the consumer can make. Overall it sounds like excellent service to me, I will be using them for my next purchase.

Is there any constructive feedback that you'd like to offer the vendor? If there's more to be done, I'm sure they'd like to know. Short of trading at a large loss or a psychic intervention to allow delivery before the order is placed, I'm struggling to see what it is.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,958 Posts
Yeah, but we don't all have the levels of expertise that you do. For most people, it arrived in a timely fashion and works is enough.

All I have to say is that I'm happy with the purchase and that I've communicated with the vendor a few times since receiving the cable and have been treated with courtesy and respect. :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Be interested to see it used on a Renault Zoe as they are very pickey on earthing ,
And i find that it will either work very well or not at all on the Zoe.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
There's a Vendor Member Section if you look down the main Forums page. May be worth setting up in there.

Incidentally, I don't know if your EVSE has a built-in LED light or anything? Something that was built-in to my OEM Ampera granny EVSE, when you pressed the trigger, this lit up like a tiny white LED torch in effect. Made it so much easier to get the thing cleanly into the port on those black winter nights. Why don't all granny EVSEs have one? Ok it'll cost one more small-signal-gauge wire down the flex, but there are a few around already, so one more shouldn't be impossible to arrange...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's a Vendor Member Section if you look down the main Forums page. May be worth setting up in there.

Incidentally, I don't know if your EVSE has a built-in LED light or anything? Something that was built-in to my OEM Ampera granny EVSE, when you pressed the trigger, this lit up like a tiny white LED torch in effect. Made it so much easier to get the thing cleanly into the port on those black winter nights. Why don't all granny EVSEs have one? Ok it'll cost one more small-signal-gauge wire down the flex, but there are a few around already, so one more shouldn't be impossible to arrange...
Thank you that’s good advice, I will do that. Thanks, Michael

1 - 15 of 15 Posts