Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! First timer here.

I need some advice on the best way to go about possibly selling my early placement in line for the Arcimoto SRK... I have number 173 in line out of probably close to 5000 other people.

Due to financial circumstances I will not be able to purchase that very interesting vehicle that I have been watching for over nine years now.

My thought process is that since they will be distributing initially to the West Coast, that somebody that either has a much higher place in line than me, or somebody that does not even have a reservation number but wants to get in at a much earlier opportunity than they could, could possibly purchase my place in line for more than I spent initially......

It’s only a $100 deposit that I put down… But I’m thinking my early placement in line may be worth something to somebody....

I have an email from the Arcimoto Company letting me know what my placement in line is... of course I can make that available when asked..
Other than that, I’ll probably just ask for my $100 back, although I’m sure Arcimoto would not want to lose a customer, so I don’t know why they would have an issue with it. I never saw anything indicating that I cannot transfer my placement in line when I made the initial $100 deposit. But…
I was hoping to both get some advice on this forum to see how to possibly go about this, and also to create a little buzz around my situation…

Whoever would buy my place in line would have to be committed to continuing with getting a vehicle as the company says they will refund the initial $100 deposit .....

I know there will be people responding saying that it sounds like some kind of a scam… I have already heard comments like that In my first posting a couple of weeks ago in some other form, and I get that, but I would prefer to hear more substantial comments as to how I can move forward with this….or not!
thanks everybody

Stay safe and all the best

Ray

Miami Beach Florida

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes the most sense… Thanks… Not that It never occurred to me but yes, I suppose talking to a Arcimoto directly would be a benefit. At least then I could probably make the decision as to whether I need to simply get my $100 back and they lose a customer or they say no problem here’s how we can go forward…

I think your advice is probably the best that I will ever get so I think I will simply approach it that way

Thanks so much

Ray

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
I would hope it isn't transferable. That opens the door to a ticket-tout type of black market which will suck $$ away from Arcimoto themselves - as well as paragliding** queue jumping.

But it probably will be allowed ... :(

[EDIT:- ** I've just noticed this autocorrect entry a couple of days after posting.
I have no idea now what the word should have been. :rolleyes: ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would hope it isn't transferable. That opens the door to a ticket-tout type of black market which will suck $$ away from Arcimoto themselves - as well as paragliding queue jumping.

I understand what you’re saying… I was only thinking that by transferring my place in line to somebody else arcimoto will not actually be losing a sale because potentially I would be paying 14,000 and $15,000 for the product... and that ability to purchase will be on somebody else’s Wallet....What I think I will do is to go straight to Arcimoto and Ask them if it is viable…… If not, I will simply ask for my $100 back and say thank you very much

Thank you so much both of you for your thoughts on this matter… I guess nothing is easy!!

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona, Halfords bike
360 Posts
I would hope it isn't transferable. That opens the door to a ticket-tout type of black market which will suck $$ away from Arcimoto themselves - as well as paragliding queue jumping.
I agree with that. But, if it was me and I got definite written confirmation of transferability I would auction it, given that the value is not easily calculable.

But (like some software licences) there could be a clause that it's transferable but not advertisable.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
transferring my place in line to somebody else arcimoto will not actually be losing a sale
With a 5k waiting list I don't think they will be losing a sale really. More likely someone further down the queue will move themselves up.
Their sale to you is lost whichever way you slice it.
But as @Voodoochill says, if it's permitted and you can make a few bucks profit, then go for it. I personally feel it's wrong, but I feel that way about many things that aren't to my liking. I control what I can :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a 5k waiting list I don't think they will be losing a sale really. More likely someone further down the queue will move themselves up.
Their sale to you is lost whichever way you slice it.
But as @Voodoochill says, if it's permitted and you can make a few bucks profit, then go for it. I personally feel it's wrong, but I feel that way about many things that aren't to my liking. I control what I can :)
No I get exactly what you’re saying.… My only motivation make a little bit of money off this if I can but it’s not kosher and it’s not kosher and of course I will not follow through with it I just get my initial hundred dollars back which was the initial idea anyway…

Thanks very much for your comments I appreciate it

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I am not interested in the deposit but the vehicle sounds interesting. I have bought the running gear from a corbyn SPARROW, which unfortunately got turned ICE, looking for a home for the parts I came across the Church Pod. There were half a dozen sets of panels made and kits of metal to fabricate the space frame. Negotiating to buy the prototype I was offered the production rights.
I am interested to know if the arcimoto tilts or not.

·
Registered
620 Posts

Indeed. Resale should be only be allowed for zero profit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to let everybody know, I have written Arcimoto and stated my case and I’m waiting to hear back for a reply… Again thank you for all your responses

1 - 12 of 12 Posts