Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some of the posts on here about low mileage, I asked the dealer for a battery scan on a 24kw Nissan Leaf Techna I am looking to buy. It's arrived and I am not sure how to read it. Is it OK to post it here? Is anyone willing to help me? I am not particularly technical and I can't say I understand a lot of the deeply tech posts on here. So It would have to be a layman's discussion. Time is of the essence - well at least if I dont want the sales person breathing down my neck for an answer.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Ahh it's the official Nissan one. It's broadly useless except might show exceptional levels of abuse.
Yours is perfect as far as theirs goes.
Ideally a LeafSpy report via an OBD2 tool is what you want, but most dealers can't/won't give you that unless you turn up on plug in yourself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear you all! Thanks! I have got the OBD2. Looks like I have to get Leaf spy. The mileage is 18,711.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
It’s up to you, It’s the cars unique number tho and in theory someone could log that car on the app and control it remotely, just cause you a bit of inconvenience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While I'm here...24kwh vs 30kwh? I read a Which review that said there's not much in the range. But then some you tubers say different. I notice most people here have 30KwH. I was all set to buy a 24KwH on the Which recommendation, then someone said no, there's SO much more to the 30KwH. What do you think? Again, apologies for the beginner-talk.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,186 Posts
While I'm here...24kwh vs 30kwh? I read a Which review that said there's not much in the range. But then some you tubers say different. I notice most people here have 30KwH. I was all set to buy a 24KwH on the Which recommendation, then someone said no, there's SO much more to the 30KwH. What do you think? Again, apologies for the beginner-talk.
The batteries seem a little more resilient, they also rapid charge faster, and they go considerably further than the 24kWh. I would always recommend going for a 30kWh if the budget allows. Even if you don't think you need the extra range, remember that if you are keeping the car longer term the extra range helps cover you for unexpected changes to your life that may cause a longer commute, potential degradation to the battery, or simply being able to have a little extra comfort with the heating in poor weather conditions for example.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
I have only had the 30 tekna and it’s excellent, can get a very easy 100 miles this time of year even using aircon

One of the main benefits is the 30kw have an 8 year battery warranty so my 2017 model is worry free till 2025, the 24’s I believe have all ended their warranty. I think it was 5 years so depends on the year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
As mentioned above the 30 is a better option, however it depends what your needs are if its a local run about 20-40 miles max a day then the 24 will be fine.
I have had my 30 for 3 years from new done 20k mixed distances with no issues. Lost about 4% but still manage 1 mile per 1% easily in summer probably 85-90 max in winter months.
Done 500-600 mile round trips with 3 rapids each way with a slow charge overnight. Will charge from 20%-80% in the time it takes to get a coffee, drink it and visit the facilities. Tend to do 90 minute legs as bladder anxiety kicks in before range anxiety.
If budget will stretch then Tekna will give you some nice toys if that rocks your boat if not then could save a bit and go for a newer Acenta.
Very low mileage is not necessarily a good thing as the car may have been left on charge for long periods at 100% which will degrade the battery. Leaf spy will tell you some basics and give you an idea of how its been kept.
Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As mentioned above the 30 is a better option, however it depends what your needs are if its a local run about 20-40 miles max a day then the 24 will be fine.
I have had my 30 for 3 years from new done 20k mixed distances with no issues. Lost about 4% but still manage 1 mile per 1% easily in summer probably 85-90 max in winter months.
Done 500-600 mile round trips with 3 rapids each way with a slow charge overnight. Will charge from 20%-80% in the time it takes to get a coffee, drink it and visit the facilities. Tend to do 90 minute legs as bladder anxiety kicks in before range anxiety.
If budget will stretch then Tekna will give you some nice toys if that rocks your boat if not then could save a bit and go for a newer Acenta.
Very low mileage is not necessarily a good thing as the car may have been left on charge for long periods at 100% which will degrade the battery. Leaf spy will tell you some basics and give you an idea of how its been kept.
Good luck
Thanks so much for thoughtful advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have only had the 30 tekna and it’s excellent, can get a very easy 100 miles this time of year even using aircon

One of the main benefits is the 30kw have an 8 year battery warranty so my 2017 model is worry free till 2025, the 24’s I believe have all ended their warranty. I think it was 5 years so depends on the year.
Thank you - I didn't know this. I might have a stretch but not that much further than some of the 24s on sale.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts