Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Speak EV members. I am an EV owner and am looking to learn how EV shoppers go about researching and ultimately buying their EVs. I put together an 11 question survey that takes about 3 minutes to complete. I would really appreciate if you could share your thoughts so I can have a clearer answer.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
497 Posts
Hello, Speak EV members. I am an EV owner and am looking to learn how EV shoppers go about researching and ultimately buying their EVs. I put together an 11 question survey that takes about 3 minutes to complete. I would really appreciate if you could share your thoughts so I can have a clearer answer.

I started the form, but when it did not have "range" as one of the primary issues for the second question I stopped. I bought my Kona because it had excellent range for a good price, and one that I could afford. Other questions are secondary, imo.

Yes, some Teslas have better range but you need to pay a lot more, indeed much more, for them and certainly above my budget. Many cars that are much more expensive have less range. All cars (e-Niro apart) that are cheaper have less range.

My decision process was begun by deciding on my current driving habits, with weekly journeys of 100 mile each way at least once a week, possibly in the same day. So an absolute minimum of 200 miles in Winter driving. So it came down to the E-Niro or the Kona. Kona one for other reasons.

Advice I give to anyone thinking of going EV is to start by looking at your driving habits and work out your range needs. If you can get that right (and the answer is not easy sometimes) you'll have a happy trouble-free EV life.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
work out your range needs. If you can get that right
When buying a phone or computer the advice is often "buy the biggest memory/disk" you can afford.
It's a peace of mind thing.

I think that (until UK public charging is reliable) when buying an EV get the biggest battery you can afford.
It's a peace of mind thing :)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,132 Posts
When buying a phone or computer the advice is often "buy the biggest memory/disk" you can afford.
It's a peace of mind thing.

I think that (until UK public charging is reliable) when buying an EV get the biggest battery you can afford.
It's a peace of mind thing :)
Agree 100%

·
Registered
102 Posts
Forgetting about range seems to be a common problem. Which magazin did a whole feature on PHEVs a month ago and didn't mention battery range anywhere in the aricle.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I noticed it's couched in present tense, rather than past tense, terms. "What do you look for when researching..." rather than "What did you look for when researching...". I did a lot of research before buying my present vehicle. I am not currently looking for another.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put out a survey a few months ago here and thank you to those who participated. I have some follow up questions. The purpose of the study is around a personal project I am working on. Once the project is complete,e I will share out my findings. I have five new questions geared towards electric vehicle shoppers that should not take more than 2 minutes to complete. I appreciate your help. Understanding vehicle Shopping 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts