Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bow to the knowledge of you all again as you've been so helpful in the past. As you may know I have a 2010 Mitsubishi I-Miev with a Type 1 domestic 3-pin cable for general charging and after much stress I have finally gotten that working for me okay. However I do not have a Type 2 fast charging cable and I think I might want to invest in one. Could anyone recommend where I may get a reliable cable and hopefully also send me a pic of one in use so I could see it in action? Also let me know if you have experienced any problems with these personally. Apologies if I sound clueless again, but admitedly that is why I'm here. ;)

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think there were some suggestions made in your first thread, weren't there? Have you read all the way through?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Is this a different car? Does the home charge cable for this car have an electronics "brick" in the cable or is it just a cable with a connector at each end?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Is that type 2 cable to be plugged into public stations?
You mention you have a granny cable with type 1 plug.
Assuming you are after a type 1 to type 2 cable for use in public stations you just need to google (or duckduckgo) for EV type 1 cable and you will find tonnes of it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Is that type 2 cable to be plugged into public stations?
You mention you have a granny cable with type 1 plug.
Assuming you are after a type 1 to type 2 cable for use in public stations you just need to google (or duckduckgo) for EV type 1 cable and you will find tonnes of it.
His last car was pre-evse, i.e. it couldnt do public type 2 charging, only public Chademo
Cheers

·
richi.uk
220 Posts
If you've not adapted your car to use an EVSE, you can't plug into one. Your only options would be your 3-pin plug cable and public rapid charge points, using the big CHAdeMO socket (no need to buy a cable, because they're all tethered to the charge points).

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Anyone trying to be helpful should read Gary's post. This 2010 car does adhere to any charging protocols, it just plugs in live like s lawnmower or a Twist. Last time this was discussed we suggest getting a Twizy adaptor to allow for public charging.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should clarify and say that I got myself an adapter from Symphony and mine works a treat. It works on lamposts (ubitricity) and also tricks the type 2 port on Source London chargers into working as well. I recommended the same to a friend of a friend but they complained that it didn't work for them. I wasn't sure if I was using the correct terminology with my questions/solutions. They have a japanese import, but as far as I'm aware the spec is the same as mine, or so I was told.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts