Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought people may be interested in this so moved to a new thread, @Hoa Tu if you're looking this is the place. :)

I know the ones at the Oxley Park school (close to me) is an absolutely crazy location, VERY busy car park that serves local shops, the local school, and local residents also use it. It's over crowded (very much) already at many times of the day, particularly school open and closing times and after work (shoppers).

For details you can go here: http://publicaccess2.milton-keynes....earch.do?action=simple&searchType=Application and search for the word "rapid" (without quotes).

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 16.31.14.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 16.31.28.png

·
Super Moderator
6,390 Posts
If these new Rapids are they being paid for with government money (I would have thought so) then should they not be free to use for the next 2 years:confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,390 Posts
I was thinking a means of distributing the money up the wall, something which MK council seem to be particularly good at.
Kind of like a drunk man in an alleyo_O
I am glad MK does not run a brewery, or it would be full of sober people

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are being paid for by UK gov grants and they will be ChargeMaster (confirmed in planning apps) so the usual, what is it, £7.50 per 30 minutes.

I wonder if I/we can object due to demand on spaces, over crowding and such? The two in Oxley Park are insane, totally insane.

·
Super Moderator
6,390 Posts
They are being paid for by UK gov grants and they will be ChargeMaster (confirmed in planning apps) so the usual, what is it, £7.50 per 30 minutes.

I wonder if I/we can object due to demand on spaces, over crowding and such? The two in Oxley Park are insane, totally insane.
I thought part of the PIP was that they were free for 2 years:confused:

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
The entire scheme is insane. Even if they were free, does anyone think it's actually a good idea to ram another 20+ rapid chargers into a single city while most of the UK has none?

I suppose those long journeys from one end of MK to the other will get easier.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The entire scheme is insane. Even if they were free, does anyone think it's actually a good idea to ram another 20+ rapid chargers into a single city while most of the UK has none?

I suppose those long journeys from one end of MK to the other will get easier.
Only even that's not true because parking will be harder, so even my "in range" and "on the way home" trips will be made less convenient by these rapid chargers, and I own an EV?!

Who are these for?!?

·
Super Moderator
6,390 Posts
Only even that's not true because parking will be harder, so even my "in range" and "on the way home" trips will be made less convenient by these rapid chargers, and I own an EV?!

Who are these for?!?
Chargemasters share holders££££££££££££££££:mad:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well if we all save up we could have an ICEtard fun day out.

Block all the ICE parking In MK with EVs and the petrol pumps and then invite the press to show them once and for all what we have to put up with from ICEtards:D.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
No, no, I've figured it out. It's for all the people in MK who live in places where they have nowhere to charge at home. I would think that a city with a layout like MK would have a high proportion of people without off-road parking.

Oh, wait...

·
Super Moderator
6,390 Posts
At a guess, I'll go for the people who modify their cars and do burnouts around car parks. You probably use up a lot of power getting those tyres smoking, so it will be useful to have a lot of nearby rapid chargers.
They are for @Paul the tyre shredding King then, or as he says "no it all my wifes fault":p

·
Super Moderator
6,390 Posts
No, no, I've figured it out. It's for all the people in MK who live in places where they have nowhere to charge at home. I would think that a city with a layout like MK would have a high proportion of people without off-road parking.
Its all of those tower blocks they have………:)

Oh, wait...

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel irrationally(?) angry about all this.

Need to talk to some people smarter than I (so not on here :p) and will report back if I get anything interesting back.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Its to replenish all the lost electrons that slosh out on all those roundabouts? Oh, wait...
The Cash Cows go to chargemaster to replace the concrete ones:D.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts