Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 64KWh Premium SE, Kia E Niro first edition, Vauxhall e-Corsa se nav (on order)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to forum. Just about to buy a new Ampera. Offered Positiv model for £25k from local dealer with 4 years servicing. They are being a bit vague about how old the car is and the one they had on site (which they would only give me a two mile drive in as it "belonged to Vauxhall") did not have the rear armrest and had the in line cup holders, which I understood signified a 2012 model and had the graphics on the red door cards. I am a bit worried that there may be batch of 2012 cars which have been lying in a field somewhere and now being sold off. Has anyone heard anything about this as I would really like to buy an Ampera but would be worried about problems with such a complicated car if it has been lying around for a while.

To honest it is reliability which is my main concern. I nearly bought a 2013 Chevrolet Volt from Motorpoint at £20k yesterday with hardly any miles but warranty worries have made me think the only way to go is new with a Vauxhall lifetime warranty.

I`d appreciate any advice/wisdom available on the forum

·
Registered
43 Posts
Having just bought one myself I can confirm that the 2013 onward model did have the armrest so you are being offered an old one.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,509 Posts
I can confirm @Traguar comment. I have a 2013 and it has the rear centre armrest but I also have the red graphics on the door cards. If I remember correctly the actual armrests on the previous version with the red inserts had black door armrests/handles, mine are red. Look at the interior photograph on the Vauxhall website, the door armrests are black and that is the earlier model, (having another look at it, it may just be smart CGI), but the rear centre armrest is a giveaway.
Another thing is they must be running out of Summit White Electrons with white inserts as this combination is no longer available, only on the Positiv.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

New to forum. Just about to buy a new Ampera. Offered Positiv model for £25k from local dealer with 4 years servicing. They are being a bit vague about how old the car is and the one they had on site (which they would only give me a two mile drive in as it "belonged to Vauxhall") did not have the rear armrest and had the in line cup holders, which I understood signified a 2012 model and had the graphics on the red door cards. I am a bit worried that there may be batch of 2012 cars which have been lying in a field somewhere and now being sold off. Has anyone heard anything about this as I would really like to buy an Ampera but would be worried about problems with such a complicated car if it has been lying around for a while.

To honest it is reliability which is my main concern. I nearly bought a 2013 Chevrolet Volt from Motorpoint at £20k yesterday with hardly any miles but warranty worries have made me think the only way to go is new with a Vauxhall lifetime warranty.

I`d appreciate any advice/wisdom available on the forum
Hi Rob just a bit of info. I got an Ampera electron from Motorbodies Luton just over a month ago 63 plate reg end of Jan 2014 1850 miles ex demo lifetime warranty paid £24500 I thought it wasn't to bad at that

·
Registered
340 Posts
Gerald - was that the light blue one? If so I made a cheeky offer on that one back in March...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes that's the one, Silver Topaz
Gerald - was that the light blue one? If so I made a cheeky offer on that one back in March...
I was going to P/X my Prius but I got a lot better price for it at We Want Any Car, it can be a problem P/X ing at a authorised dealer as they only sell their own brands S/H. so they dump them to a trader at very low prices...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Its a small world this EV thing (and this Ampera world is smaller still!) - I offered £22,000 which I knew was very speculative - ended up with this grey one from a Jaguar dealer of all places.

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 64KWh Premium SE, Kia E Niro first edition, Vauxhall e-Corsa se nav (on order)
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys thanks for all your help and advice. I've decided to go for it and after I posted I was (after a bit of haggling) offered the demonstrator with Lithium white paint and 4 years servicing and 2 Mot's for net £25k and good trade in. Picking it up tomorrow. Could have saved perhaps £400 or so by not using local dealer but decided not to and hope the fact that I bought it from them will bring a good will bonus if ever required which I sincerely hope it won't be. One of the things I really can't stand is an unreliable car, especially if the dealer is not really on top of things. So deep breath, here goes!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,509 Posts
Peter Vardy in Eidnburgh had a Lithium White old model in their showroom every time I had been in from June to September last year, seemingly sold but customer was waiting on 'grant' funds.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's hoping they didn't send it on to Arnold Clark in Glasgow and I'm not picking it up tomorrow then!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts