Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R40
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tesla Model 2 (or other name) will most likely be a compact sedan or crossover (both formats are popular in China), while Europe will receive a slightly more compact hatchback / city car Tesla Model 1, appropriate for narrow streets of densely built-up cities.

Source

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,745 Posts
I'd be much more concerned whether that "price" translates into less than £25k in the UK; and what the battery size is. Needs to be north of 60kWh.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'd be much more concerned whether that "price" translates into less than £25k in the UK; and what the battery size is. Needs to be north of 60kWh.
I think any battery size between 50-65 kWh would be more then enough. The main thing will be if it can fast charge, and thus will be a pleasure to use for longer journeys if needed, (125 kW or more) and being a Tesla, I think that will be a given.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Indeed.
The discrepancy between US prices and those in the UK for their previous models means this will be another £35k car, perhaps £30k for a base model with a shorter range, much like the Model 3 SR+.

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
4,820 Posts
Brera?

Appeals to me... but unlikely to be a 3 door.
I've had two Q4 V6 Breras and if anyone brought out an EV coupe based closely on the Brera, I'd be selling the Leaf the next day.

Attachments

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ Electric 2020
35 Posts
Reminds me of the old Leon. Not really interested in a small hatchback now I’ve a growing family. I’m really hoping the Model Y is decently priced in the UK when that launches here and made in Berlin. Though Mach-e is catching my eye.

But we get screwed over for Tesla here and I can’t see that changing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
eNiro 64kWh 2021. Ioniq 38kWh 2020.
1,184 Posts
Change of subject. Alfa EV, yes please.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I'm surprised Tesla aren't aiming for the higher volume fleet market which would mean an Estate (or Station Wagon as they call it) with a 250mile range. The car that currently fits the space requirement is the MG5 Tourer, but it doesn't have the required range IMO. Coupes, Sedans, SUVs, and Hatchbacks just don't have the carrying capacity.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
8,470 Posts
I'm surprised Tesla aren't aiming for the higher volume fleet market which would mean an Estate (or Station Wagon as they call it) with a 250mile range. The car that currently fits the space requirement is the MG5 Tourer, but it doesn't have the required range IMO. Coupes, Sedans, SUVs, and Hatchbacks just don't have the carrying capacity.
Are most fleets really comprised of estates though?

I thought they were mainly 3 series or A4s?

Or ‘lifestyle’ vehicles like the Mini or Evoque.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
836 Posts
This is the problem I've found with all EVs really. We only have one car so it needs to be jack of all trades. Saloons are really no good for that, and many of the SUV types like the Kona aren't actually that big. The Ioniq we have kind of fits the bill, but the boot could be bigger. It's a bit small when going on family holidays really, Eg camping. 500 litre boot would be adequate as we've made do with that sort of size for years, so not asking for much!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Are most fleets really comprised of estates though?

I thought they were mainly 3 series or A4s?

Or ‘lifestyle’ vehicles like the Mini or Evoque.
I wouldn't know the ratios, but in my company there are a lot of Estates. Assuming they don't have their own private car, as @Electrickery says, the car has to be jack of all trades. I currently have a hatchback, and the next one in 2023 will be an Estate if I have the choice. I really hope there are more options of EV Estate cars by then. I suppose even by then, if the MG5 has a 80kWh battery, that would be ok :censored:

·
Registered
989 Posts
I wouldn't know the ratios, but in my company there are a lot of Estates. Assuming they don't have their own private car, as @Electrickery says, the car has to be jack of all trades. I currently have a hatchback, and the next one in 2023 will be an Estate if I have the choice. I really hope there are more options of EV Estate cars by then. I suppose even by then, if the MG5 has a 80kWh battery, that would be ok :censored:
I hope my next car will be a bicycle.
I'm fed up to the back teeth of having to buy depreciating "assets" to fit some perceived lifestyle choice, or to impress other fickle minded people.
The answer to a greener planet, better work-life balance and more money in your pocket to do the things you really want to do isn't a car, whether EV or ICE. Thinking that an EV is going to radically change anything makes you victims of the great advertising greenwash. It's all mumbo-jumbo.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
770 Posts
I hope my next car will be a bicycle.
I'm fed up to the back teeth of having to buy depreciating "assets" to fit some perceived lifestyle choice, or to impress other fickle minded people.
The answer to a greener planet, better work-life balance and more money in your pocket to do the things you really want to do isn't a car, whether EV or ICE. Thinking that an EV is going to radically change anything makes you victims of the great advertising greenwash. It's all mumbo-jumbo.
A bicycle’s fine if you don’t really need to travel anywhere, but for the average joe a car is needed, therefor surely an EV is better then an ICE. And no, an EV isn’t going to ‘radically’ change the climate issue but we’ve got to start somewhere.
As for the Model 2(?), there’s an ample selection of non family sized vehicles with a decent boot at the moment so an Estate would be good. I’m guessing it will be more a city car though, and if a hatch needs to be 5 door!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts