Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Dean here, looking forward to becoming a part of your community and hopefully eventually help where I can! I get my 40kwh Nissan Leaf tomorrow and I have a couple of short initial questions if any experienced 40kwh Leaf drivers could help me out!

One of the journeys I'm hopefully looking to do regularly is a 116 mile journey made up of approx 25% motorway, 65% gently undulating county roads and around 10% town driving. I'll have 1 adult passenger and a toddler. Is this a journey I could comfortably complete without charge? (Although I do have planned charging stops if required)

One other question for now, again on range. Based on fairly normal UK driving conditions (10-15 degrees c?) Is the 150 mile range realistic and can it even be improved on (slipstreaming on motorway for example)? I appreciate everyone must be sick of this question, so apologies!

Thank you!

Dean

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome Dean
Fully charged you can always travel90 miles before charging. That’s the worst in a winter storm.
It’s summer so 140 miles to a charge minimum.
Enjoy it’s a great car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
It has an EPA rated range of 150 miles. I've always found the EPA range rating to be a much better guide to real world than the European tests. Given that it's summer you should have no problems. Winter or very wet weather might be marginal.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
987 Posts
You'll be good for the 116 mile journey all year round as long as you don't have a super heavy right foot and make use of the climate controls to keep the car comfortable in the winter but not hot. It's when you start to push the heater that your range will really suffer. Don't be afraid of the low battery warnings because on a very cold and windy, wet or icy day you probably will end up finishing your journey with such a warning flashing on screen. There is still actually a fair bit of range left after you see that light.

Right now as people have said above you should be good for about 140-150 miles and then as we had into winter this will drop a bit. You can sit a safe distance behind a HGV and the mixture of reduced resistance and lower speed will help all year round if you really need it. Do that on a warm dry day on flat ground and you'll probably even manage to get a little better than the EPA range estimates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

I just wanted to quickly say thank you to all replies above, this has certainly helped regarding my 'range anxiety', I'm taking the journey out on Friday so I'll let you know how it goes!

Regards,

Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts