Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a battery lease R90 and I'm weighing up all the pros and cons of what to do with it when the PCP is up in April - one thing that popped into my mind (especially as there doesn't seem to be any kind of battery buy back on offer) was keeping the car and having the new battery fitted - thus theoretically upping my range - so a couple of questions are raised...

1. Is it compatible
2. How much would it cost
3. (gotta ask) - what are the chances of it being available as a "lease upgrade" (ha ha - wouldn't that be good?)

·
Zoe Devotee
7,963 Posts
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

You've got what you've got, Renault and RCI have zero interest in doing anything other than perhaps selling you into another car is inclined or happy to push you towards another manufacturer if you don't bend to their will.

·
Registered
11,777 Posts
To be fair, even Tesla don’t offer this as it’s easier and cheaper to sell your old car and buy a new one.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do currently? or have done one or two previously?

I guess it might change. But I wouldn't hold my breath. Or trust them to do it properly. They can barely put the bloody things together right the first time round!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Haha - guess you have to consider is it worth £10k to get 40miles extra range

Some people have claimed they upgraded before to a bigger battery but then no pics of info was ever provided and then they had to hand their car back over a warranty issue and nothing ever was mentioned if this upgraded battery it suddenly had

I would assume the basic SWAP is the same as there are no major chassis or layout updates that I’ve seen - assume they’ve just managed to improve the chemistry/packaging

all in all unless you are doing 200 miles a day it’s pointless IMHO unless you get a new car for the same monthlies

JJ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I've never really needed to charge anywhere other than home as my Zoe has been my commuter car, but we've recently decided to drop my wife's ICE car and go completely electric, so range becomes more important - I've been pricing up long range model 3's but they're so eye-bleedingly expensive! I was impressed by the new Zoe's range increase and at first when I hear there was fast charging coming I was like "well that solves it for me!" - but when I see the price of a fast-charging top-of-the-line Zoe (£471/m?!!) and then read that the charging is not actually that fast I wonder if the ready availability of a dependable, truly fast charging infrastructure such as Tesla's actually counts more than range and whether I could get along with a SR+ (and more importantly whether I could justify the £520/m it would cost me on a PCP) -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts