Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a nearly new leaf 40 with the 8" navigation system and newer software.

Sometimes it seems to get very slow, which I have especially noticed when using CarPlay. It's intermittent but for example, adjusting the volume (either turning the knob or using the steering wheel controls) will do nothing for about 10 seconds, and then suddenly make the change.

All sorts of glitches on other things too.

Have other noticed this?

thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a new 40 also and I have seen some strange behavior when using car play, laggy volume and buttons unresponsive. I haven't used it that much so don't have much experience of it yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,629 Posts
The older ones check for new chargers etc every so often. Check it's set to do that on start up only as I think if they do it while you're driving about it makes it do odd things. I think mine was a bit glitchy until I turned off some of the updating in the background.

I don't think they test these units with lots of functions turned on and it being actively used.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yep - well documented on the Interweb how they do get bogged down like this and dealerships less than interested in fixing...

I've just learnt to live with it now, if it ever happens I just hold down the volume button for 30 secs till it force reboots the infotainment and that usually fixes it up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts