Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Cyber Grey Ampera from Eden Vauxhall in Bournemouth this morning! This is where the fun starts..... :D

I'm already surprised by quite how much regeneration is possible driving locally (Horndean, north of Portsmouth), especially in 'L'.

Mike

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fun - yes plenty of that :D

Now you just need to read the handbook and work out how to best set up all the options.

I hope you enjoy the car.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Fantastic!

I know that we (OK, particularly me :eek: ) moan a bit but in spite of all that it is a great car, fun to own and drive and it deserves more owners.

Enjoy and let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
What's it doing on the drive? Don't say "Recharging"!

Did you not have a long list of folks to demonstrate it to?

There are loads of converts out there they just don't yet know they are!

Big Paul

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Paul said:
What's it doing on the drive? Don't say "Recharging"!

Did you not have a long list of folks to demonstrate it to?

There are loads of converts out there they just don't yet know they are!

Big Paul
LOL yes I did have a few, and three saw it this afternoon :) I had a guy cold call me about roof insulation an hour ago and after I'd said 'already got enough' he instantly switched to talking about the Ampera, seemed fascinated by it! Thats it for the day, so thought I'd try out the charger, its currently sucking in juice at 10A nicely.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
I charge at 6A at home, unless you've added a dedicated socket it's probably better to do so long run as heat can make the socket brittle.

Hope to see you around Portsmouth, maybe at Gunwharf Quays charging station or the lakeside one near IBM opening soon? :)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dpeilow said:
I charge at 6A at home, unless you've added a dedicated socket it's probably better to do so long run as heat can make the socket brittle.

Hope to see you around Portsmouth, maybe at Gunwharf Quays charging station or the lakeside one near IBM opening soon? :)
Yep, I have a separate circuit on a 32A RCBO so I can charge at 10A. Gunwharf Quays maybe, as long as it will take a 13A plug - I'm not paying £200 for a type 2 cable yet :)

Whereabouts are you?

Mike

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
hopbackguy said:
Big Paul said:
LOL yes I did have a few, and three saw it this afternoon :) I had a guy cold call me about roof insulation an hour ago and after I'd said 'already got enough' he instantly switched to talking about the Ampera, seemed fascinated by it!
This constantly happens with us... Ampera on drive and we get a cold caller... after their pitch then start to ask about the car then we spend 10 mins talking about it.

On one occasion I gave a quick demo drive to two doubleglazing guys... they were chuffed to bits! Not very often I can send a doubleglazing coldcaller away happy without me buying anything :)

·
Militant EV driver!
4,937 Posts
<- I'm in Winchester but work near you.

The Gunwharf and other chargers take 13A cables for the time being but I understand the regulations are changing to mean all charge points will have to be the type 2 / Mennekes ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts