Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi there, this is getting very technical for me, one says NSB06 and other say NSB16 - basically all I have on in there at the moment is a strip light (only turned on as required) and the other is a power point, I have had a fridge freezer running and also a tumble dryer running but they are only turned on as and when required - i.e. not on a the moment - sorry if this is a great stab in the dark...
Probably a Wylex 16 Amp MCB. You should be OK with the fridge freezer and car on charge at 10 Amps in the garage. If you do overdo it you'll just trip the MCB (that's what it's for), but you may loose the content of the fridge freezer if off for long, so you might want to try it in the daytime when you can observe.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Hi

I wonder if there is enough interest to start an ev meet in Norwich? I though about getting an Ampera but in the end got another Leaf. I suppose the lack of Rapid charging was a killer blow. Fine vehicle I am sure. Just that for long trips I would have been much better of with my BMW 320d ED which did 63 mpg at 70 mph. Sadly traded that in against the Leaf as it had 87k miles and I was a little worried about the engine longevity. Also considered ex demo Outlander.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi, I am part exchanging the A2 for the Ampera got £1,250 for it which I didn't think was to bad considering its 13.5 years old and has few dents and scrapes, worst looking alloys I have ever seen i.e. rust or whatever it is.. Although the actual mechanics are perfect...

As for Rory186 suggestion for a Norwich EV Meet would definitely be up for it, I went for the Ampera because I only want 1 car, considered the I3 Rex, but the boot with seats up is ridiculously small and also I didn't like the indicator action inside the car, drove the works van with same and hated them.. also worried about service costs long term and also BMW charging a tenner a month for the sim connection after 3 years..

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi hope you are enjoying your car,I have a leaf, also I have an event at the Virgin lounge in Norwich June 16th from 6pm till 8pm. It is in formal tea coffee etc, electric car owners, some guys from ecotricty talking about electric highways, also from the Green Center and eletric bikes. Just let me know if you want to come along. Thx Paul

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
hi hope you are enjoying your car,I have a leaf, also I have an event at the Virgin lounge in Norwich June 16th from 6pm till 8pm. It is in formal tea coffee etc, electric car owners, some guys from ecotricty talking about electric highways, also from the Green Center and eletric bikes. Just let me know if you want to come along. Thx Paul
sounds good. Virgin Lounge is apparently in Castle street so we can plug in 13A at Castle Mall carpark nearby.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts