Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just to let you know I have taken ownership of my New Silver Ampera today and look forward to sharing my experiences and initiatives with you. Even booked my first Electric Car Meet in Bristol ! must be catching.

Cliff

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hi Cliff, nice to see another Welsh EV member! Your gonna love it!

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Welcome Cliff.

I am also a new Ampera driver, although in Scotland. Congratulations on the new car.

Derek

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Good to see a few new Ampera drivers on this forum recently!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First day use of this lovely car. Look forward to many a pleasant trips. Unfortunately when picking it up from the dealers I was not happy with the paintwork finish which was marked in places as well as the condition of the door anchors that had a poor finish. Looked like they had spent time out in the rain and were covered in white dust and pitting prior to being put on the car, so are going to be replaced. What a shame. All fairness to the dealers they are having it back on Friday and giving me a courtesy Ampera while the work is being carried out. Although should have been picked up prior to handover as they had had the car delivered to them for a few weeks. Everything else running like a dream. Got to do something about the naf trampolene they put in as a boot compartment cover. Watch this space as I have a few ideas on this as my little project which I shall share on completion. Thanks for a great forum.

Cliff

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hi Cliff,

Will be intrigued to see what you do about the boot cover ;)

Shame about the dealer not picking up that the paint wasn't right, but fair play to them for fitting it in quickly for a repair.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hi Cliff and welcome! That boot cover grows on you :) I thought the same when I first got the car, cheap piece of rubbish, etc. but you know, after I used it for a while I realised it was perfectly good for the job. It doesn't get in the way when you open the hatch, hanging in front of your face, it covers whatever's in the boot, and stretches over anything that's a bit high or spiky(can't do that with a parcel shelf), it's the work of a moment to unhook the front and flick it over the seats to put something in, and it doesn't rattle :)

Reactions: Lee Dalton
1 - 9 of 9 Posts