Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Labrador fits in Ampera
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I will be taking delivery of my used 2012 Transformers Ampera (nickname White Lightning - like the cider, and yes I have ordered my Transformers logos in metal to replace the Vauxhall ones with) this Friday - not sure if it is lithium or summit but it has a weird golden glow at certain angles...as if it's radioactive, so could be lithium?

I am a friend and neighbour of this website's founder, and have been green with EnVy (sorry couldn't resist that) at the way he darts about in his lovely Leaf without a care in the world (and shaking his head as I passed him pumping out my 238g/kg of emissions from my flat 6 3.0 NA engine..)

Seriously though, my daily drives to the station (I am a London commuter) are perfect for EV driving and when I found out about the 50% discount on station parking and the fact that most of my driving involves pootling around Milton Keynes running errands or taking the dog and family no further than Leicester the Ampera seems perfect for this. (Yes I actually tested whether I can get my Labrador's cage in the back with one seat folded before buying the car..)

Anyway, I humbly submit myself to this forum to get tips and ideas on how to enjoy the EV life and to also commiserate with other Transformers owners on the fact that Vauxhall pulled the plug on this ground breaking vehicle and the fact we might just have bought a joyful oddity never to be seen again...in UK at least..

With love and best wishes

Roy.

·
Labrador fits in Ampera
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL....I am sincerely hoping that mine is an Autobot and not a Decepticon....only time will tell. I am submitting mine to the local Vauxhall garage on Saturdaymorning to check it out and ensure all recalls have been carried out..etc..

If the headlights glow angry red when no one is around then I might have a rogue Ampera on my hands....

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
LOL....I am sincerely hoping that mine is an Autobot and not a Decepticon....only time will tell. I am submitting mine to the local Vauxhall garage on Saturdaymorning to check it out and ensure all recalls have been carried out..etc..

If the headlights glow angry red when no one is around then I might have a rogue Ampera on my hands....
Lol !
If it's got a dirty hue, then it's definitely lithium.
Hope you enjoy it, they are a great car.

When in MK I park just up from the station, it used to be free if you were charging ?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
am submitting mine to the local Vauxhall garage on Saturdaymorning to check it out and ensure all recalls have been carried out..etc..
There is a recall software update that is designed to not allow the car to be left switched on which causes the horn to sound if you get out of the car for any reason with the key in your pocket as it was designed.
Such a stupid mod that could have been sorted in another less annoying way.
The bloody horn beeps way too much as far as I am concerned.

·
Labrador fits in Ampera
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paul can we organise a EV rally in Mk one day? I'm thinking of one of those jap car fests but more geeky and less fluorescent paint jobs?

And perhaps a victory lap around Mk central like the gumball rally ( but with less buxom women hanging out the windows)

I wonder with Mk being the epicentre of U.K. How many Evers we can pull in?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Paul can we organise a EV rally in Mk one day? I'm thinking of one of those jap car fests but more geeky and less fluorescent paint jobs?

And perhaps a victory lap around Mk central like the gumball rally ( but with less buxom women hanging out the windows)

I wonder with Mk being the epicentre of U.K. How many Evers we can pull in?
You had me right up to the point were you wanted less buxom women ? .......

·
Labrador fits in Ampera
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah sorry, my wife has installed this software on all my devices that tracks what I post on all social media...i think its some kind of GCHQ beta stuff - she got it from www.husbandlockdown.com

so i cant get too licentious on these posts. apologies.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Yeah sorry, my wife has installed this software on all my devices that tracks what I post on all social media...i think its some kind of GCHQ beta stuff - she got it from www.husbandlockdown.com

so i cant get too licentious on these posts. apologies.
Lol ! Came through MK today on my way back from Oxford. Must have seen at least a dozen leaf's on my way through, but no other Ampera's
Did see a distinctive one L666 EAF. Got a feeling that's someone on here..... ?

Need some more Ampera drivers by the looks of it ! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Apologies in advance....

[PEDANT MODE] fewer, it should (or indeed should not) be fewer buxom women [/PEDANT MODE]

Thank you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Apologies in advance....

[PEDANT MODE] fewer, it should (or indeed should not) be fewer buxom women [/PEDANT MODE]

Thank you.
But what if he wanted the same number of women, just that he would prefer them to be less buxom? In either case he's wrong, of course! ;-)

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
I think there are enough chargers in MK for all the Ampera sold in the UK to charge at the same time ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts