Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am proud to be part of the Ampere club :) Bought mine about 2 weeks ago, still learning about. I also have a few questions.

1. Are there any things I should do to avoid major faults such as
- High Voltage Service Warning
- Charge port issue
- Tire Pressure sensor failing
- Any others :)
2. The car came missing the rear separator - Recommendations on a good rear separator & parcel shelf?

3. How to pre-heat the car before getting in - I've pressed the button on the remote but don't know if it's doing anything.

Probably have many other questions, but am exited with the Ampere :)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Install a radiator grill guard to avoid stone strikes and expensive radiator replacement.

Park with your wheels straight all the time.

Don't worry about replacing tyre pressure sensors until you need it. Tyre locations are self taught so don't worry about tyre rotation.

There is no rear seperator to the luggage space. The VoltShelf can be imported, expensive, or there is an alternative to modify a luggage shelf from another car and use 3d printed parts. Can't find link right now.

To precondition, press lock first and then hold the temperature symbol on the fob.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The charge flap can stick, open using the keyfob and not the door button which can cause the eml (engine management light) to come on.

Reactions: chigger

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Re AmpyShelf - I am out of stock of the clips at the moment, but will be assembling some more in next few days. There's a shortage of the correct Megane shelf in UK though - I think previous Ampera owners have bought the lot! Plenty in EU, mostly a pale gray/beige I think. Black ones are very rare! I found a dark grey one which was fine for me, didn't bother dyeing it black.

·
Registered
2015 Vauxhall Ampera Positiv MY2013 in white
33 Posts
Install a radiator grill guard to avoid stone strikes and expensive radiator replacement.

Park with your wheels straight all the time.

There is no rear seperator to the luggage space. The VoltShelf can be imported, expensive, or there is an alternative to modify a luggage shelf from another car and use 3d printed parts. Can't find link right now.
To add to these points:

The essential radiator guard can be made following this post: Free - Ampera Radiator Protective Grille Plans & Guide

The reason to park with the steering wheel dead straight is to ensure the rather feeble lock engages, otherwise the car can throw a fault which can disable it. You'll hear the little whirring sound when you open the door after shutting down the car.

There is an item that could be a "rear separator" (i.e. separates the boot space from passenger space) available new: Vauxhall Ampera Rear seat close out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts