Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are as passionate about your Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV as we are, you will be intrigued to explore what is going on inside your PHEV every second as you drive.
We have just released the first Outlander PHEV specific Android App, and an iPhone version is possible if there is enough demand. Our App called EvBatMon can read the current capacity of your PHEV drive battery and compare it to when it was new, as well as cell voltages and temperatures. Also Torque from the front and rear E-motors etc.
It also has a great function for new PHEV owners called PureEV which provides warning and alarm beeps so you can keep your eyes on the road rather than the power gauge for increased safety.
EvBatMon requires an $20 or so OBD Bluetooth or Wifi adapter, however not every adapter is compatible with the PHEV so we have a list of suitable models linked in the Google Play listing.

More details here - EvBatMon for Outlander PHEV - Android Apps on Google Play

Enjoy your PHEV!

Cheers, Jeremy.

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you use your 10KW panel is that on the PHEV?
Until the end of 2016 the 10kW of solar is on 60c gross FIT and the PHEV is charged overnight @ 10c so the 2 are pretty much unrelated. Come next year I switch to nett FIT and will try to charge our 2 EV with the solar, not sure how successful I'll be?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ah that helps. Being based in Australia you get a bit more sun than we do in the UK thats for sure! Good luck and look foreard to hearing if there will be an IOS app at some point.

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you have an i-MiEV too - will this app also work with the i-MiEV ?
The App has been tested and can retrieve battery capacity (ie degradation since new) in the i-MiEV without any changes to the App, however we plan to release an i-MiEV specific version in the next 6-8 weeks. The ExplorePHEV diagram, battery cell (80 vs 88) and E-motor differences (1 vs 2) etc will be addressed for the i-MiEV version.
I have already had 2 other iMiEV owners ask to be beta testers, if you are interested PM me with your details (car, obd adapter, email address, experience).

Cheers, Jeremy.

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Question re the app. The app focuses purely on the EV side of the car not any other info available from the OBD interface?
We collect all PID from the PHEV, so EV and ICE data are both available (eg "Generator" page). Infact our App is currently being used as a datalogger in a PhD research project in Germany.

If you want to see all the default data such as Generator that the app shows, a user recorded this great time lapse video of the Android version (iOS is almost identical) -

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts