Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
It looks to be an improvement though there seem to be some bugs (setting the units to 'miles' changes a few screens but most are still showing km).

At least it now has biometric support so we can move away from the dumb pin entry screens.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,520 Posts
Yep seems more stable than the old version,

On Android you still have to search for it an install it as its not updating and overwriting the old app

Really like that its configurable show on the home screen whats important to you, Scheduled Charging has gone from Buggy to not working at all. Hopefully this is a sign the big infotainment update is nearly here and we are going to see some improvements overall

·
Registered
782 Posts
My old Bluelink hasn't worked since May! The tech heads in Germany are still working on it. So, I thought I'd give the new app a try to see if it would solve my problems . . . won't let me log in. Going to phone customer services now to see if they can log me in. :(

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
My old Bluelink hasn't worked since May! The tech heads in Germany are still working on it. So, I thought I'd give the new app a try to see if it would solve my problems . . . won't let me log in. Going to phone customer services now to see if they can log me in. :(
If you upgraded to the new Hyundai account you should select the Hyundai login rather than the Bluelink login. The wording is misleading on this as it says if you registered before some date use the Bluelink login but I think that's only if you didn't do the upgrade that the app asked at the end of May.

Reactions: stageshoot

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,520 Posts
It did that to me, it was capitalising the first letter of the password automatically make sure you keep an eye if its selecting or desecting that, worked fine after checking it

·
Registered
190 Posts
In iOS, there are 2 separate Hyundai Bluelink Europe apps: one with “(Old)” after the name. I presume the other one is the new one, and should be used by new owners with new cars?

Probably a stupid question, but sometimes in life the obvious is wrong……

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
In iOS, there are 2 separate Hyundai Bluelink Europe apps: one with “(Old)” after the name. I presume the other one is the new one, and should be used by new owners with new cars?

Probably a stupid question, but sometimes in life the obvious is wrong……
I expect they'll retire the old one sooner or later. If they're like the Android app then both apps give you access to exactly the same things but the new one has a slightly nicer UI. All the backend data seems to be common to both apps (e.g. the new app can see profile backups made with the old app).

Talking of backups the new app has a section showing Automatic Backups: "no backup files found". I have some manual backups which it shows in the section below that but does anyone know if there's a way to set up automatic ones and if so how?

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,520 Posts
I expect they'll retire the old one sooner or later. If they're like the Android app then both apps give you access to exactly the same things but the new one has a slightly nicer UI. All the backend data seems to be common to both apps (e.g. the new app can see profile backups made with the old app).

Talking of backups the new app has a section showing Automatic Backups: "no backup files found". I have some manual backups which it shows in the section below that but does anyone know if there's a way to set up automatic ones and if so how?
Yes the auto backup is interesting, I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumours that we may be getting OTA updates would make sense for the system to do an auto update of user data before any OTA work is done on the system

Also like in the new app the range now has an inner you will make it for sure ring and also an outer squeaky bum time ring (I know they mark it as 80% and 100% but I see it and Normal and Eco as I tend to use 20% less when eco driving , rather than the single optimistic ring, although I wish they would implement the terrain and road aware system BMW and others use

I would say then rings are fairly spot on for normal driving on the inner ring and eco driving on the outer one for us

I think the wording of 100% and 80% needs redoing, as its confusing, my car is currently at 97% so its 100% of 97% on the outer ring and 80% of 97% on the inner ring.

Should just be Normal Driving and Eco Driving. the % makes no sense and will confuse people into thinking its full and 80% battery range.

Water resources Ecoregion World Font Map

World Map Light Product Azure

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Yes the auto backup is interesting, I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumours that we may be getting OTA updates would make sense for the system to do an auto update of user data before any OTA work is done on the system
Yes, I saw that discussion thread. It would make sense, so where I was thinking there might be an option for regular scheduled backups it could be that automatic backups are generated for you immediately before an OTA.

Also like in the new app the range now has an inner you will make it for sure ring and also an outer squeaky bum time ring (I know they mark it as 80% and 100% but I see it and Normal and Eco as I tend to use 20% less when eco driving , rather than the single optimistic ring, although I wish they would implement the terrain and road aware system BMW and others use
Given the route planning now mostly talks to a remote server they should be able to do remote calculation of range maps as well.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Not pl
ugged

🤨 10/10 localisation job

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well, after 4 months of no connectivity to the Bluelink app, I just went to the car and it asked me to agree to the new terms and conditions. It knew my user name, but asked me to activate my Bluelink account. Result!
Ah . . . then it didn't recognise my phone number to send the activation code to. The new app didn't recognise my password. Things were looking bleak. I reset the password, re-entered my phone number, and BINGO! I'm back on Bluelink and enjoying all the new features you've been talking about.
Looking at my trips, the car came out of it's coma yesterday afternoon at 13:50 and has recorded all my journeys since.
I just hope it lasts.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,520 Posts
Well, after 4 months of no connectivity to the Bluelink app, I just went to the car and it asked me to agree to the new terms and conditions. It knew my user name, but asked me to activate my Bluelink account. Result!
Ah . . . then it didn't recognise my phone number to send the activation code to. The new app didn't recognise my password. Things were looking bleak. I reset the password, re-entered my phone number, and BINGO! I'm back on Bluelink and enjoying all the new features you've been talking about.
Looking at my trips, the car came out of it's coma yesterday afternoon at 13:50 and has recorded all my journeys since.
I just hope it lasts.
fingers crossed it will all stay working for you now.

Just checked on my broken and it seems to have had a 5min shuffle around the yard the previous 2 Thursdays. So not sure what’s happening with that

Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
782 Posts

Just checked on my broken and it seems to have had a 5min shuffle around the yard the previous 2 Thursdays. So not sure what’s happening with that

View attachment 150008
I hope it stays working because the mornings are starting to get a bit chilly now and activating the HVAC from the comfort of the living room is rather appreciated. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts

View attachment 150008
I can trump that. Last Friday, the car did 6 journeys a minute each and didn't go anywhere at 0 miles per hour. Then it went back into a come until yesterday. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts