Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully started a charge with the new app? I downloaded, followed instructions to register and it correctly showed the credit I had carried over from the old app. Tried to use it yesterday and it failed multiple times with an "error - contact support" message. Phone call to their "help"line went unanswered so, being on something of a tight schedule, I gave it up and went to a nearby Instavolt.

If anyone has had success, I'll try again. Otherwise, I'll ask for my credit back and delete the app, life's too short to be messing about with unreliable systems such as these.

Reactions: sizzlechest

·
Registered
2020 Renault Zoe R135 Iconic
1,285 Posts
It works, but only as well as the old Polar Instant app did. They both suck. (As does the Polar network itself imo.)

If better networks like Instavolt are nearby, you should absolutely continue to use them as your preference.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It works, but only as well as the old Polar Instant app did. They both suck. (As does the Polar network itself imo.)

If better networks like Instavolt are nearby, you should absolutely continue to use them as your preference.
As I feared...! Thanks, will see if they'll give me my money back 😡

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
BP's email says you won't be able to login using the old Polar app after Dec 1st, so I'll keep mine as-is until then! Maybe they'll have patched it up a bit, before I swap. There are several Polars near where we visit Mum-in-law, so I really need this app to work for me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've had no problem starting and ending my charge. Bizarrely I've been charged for another session the next day on the same charge point.
After email to cs they applied the credit back.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could never get the Polar app to work, but have not had a problem with the BP Chargemaster one.
Opposite way round for me...the old app worked fine, if a bit clunky...new one is both clunky and completely ineffective 🤔

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tried the new app today. Load of rubbish. Was still trying to connect to charger 30 minutes later by which time I had finished my shopping at Aldi. The old app used to work for me. The new one is a pile of crap.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts