Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am FINALLY in a position to be able to get rid of my 10 year old diesel 3 Series and am looking at going full BEV with an e-niro 4+.

Usually I would have expected there to be a bit of scope for doing a deal with a dealer but it seems that they are not likely to have any issues selling all of the cars coming to the UK and so discounts are harder to come by. All that I can think of at the moment is to see if I can get a dealer from slightly further away to undercut by local dealer but I'm not convinced that this will work. Does anybody have any advice?

I'm pretty sure that I can get finance cheaper than Kia are offering so was going to see if I can get them to throw in a service plan for free anyway but of course it would also be nice to get something off the list price.

Also, my local dealer says that he can't get anything until Mid January at the earlier - at which point I think I may as well hand on to the 1st of March for the new plate, however a dealer slightly further out can get me on for Mid December (I think it was ordered as a demo vehicle but for the sale they will divert it to me and reorder). What does everyone think about hanging on for a new plate? I've never been in a position to buy a new (rather than used) car before and so this is a new consideration for me.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I doubt you’ll get a cent off the price. You may get some extras thrown in as dealers compete for your business and their commission. Mats, mud guards etc but try a service plan too and anything else you can think of.

I’ve never worried about new plates. You can wait to be driving what you want or you can get on and drive it. I’m not sure it makes that much difference to value these days unless there’s a different edition involved or a face lift or something.

Finance is finance, shop around although if you take Kia finance you’ll probably have better bargaining power on the deal.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
I understand you are interested in the eNiro, but have you looked at the ID.3? There are some cracking offers at the moment...

Just saying...disregard if you are aware of this and/or the ID.3 doesn't fit with your needs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gif and Todor.

I'll see if I can get a service plan thrown in. Having been in a 10 year old bmw with things (expensive things), starting to go wrong left right and centre it would be nice to have a car with a long warranty and services included!

I hadn't really considered the ID.3. I think I had considered it a little too small (have an 8 year old and a 4 year old) but I'll take a look - thank you.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
I hadn't really considered the ID.3. I think I had considered it a little too small (have an 8 year old and a 4 year old) but I'll take a look - thank you.
You will be surprised by the size of the ID.3! It is easily bigger than the eNiro: inside and boot.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
The ID3 boot isn't bigger than the Niro. It's about the same size as the Golf boot
What I can find:
  • ID.3: 385 L, 1,267 L with seat area
  • eNiro: 324 L to 405 L, 1,322 to 1,405 L with seat area

Now, I'm not sure about the size of the eNiro boot, mixed reports, I think from confusing PHEV, hybrid and EV.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 3 Slinky Silver, Renault Zoe R135GT
289 Posts
e-niro bigger than PHEV (batteries under boot). It is 451 with seats up and 1405 with seats down. ID spec is correct.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What I can find:
  • ID.3: 385 L, 1,267 L with seat area
  • eNiro: 324 L to 405 L, 1,322 to 1,405 L with seat area

Now, I'm not sure about the size of the eNiro boot, mixed reports, I think from confusing PHEV, hybrid and EV.
From the PDF manual I have for the 2020 E-Niro:
Luggage volume: Min 451L Max 1405L

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
At the very least do a Carwow to get quotes

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One other thought...

I assume that the service package can be used any any Kia dealership and not just the one that you purchase it from?

Seems like a silly question but having not been in a position to have one before I'd hate to be caught out by something silly.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
🙄 yeah I keep seeing that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
🙄 yeah I keep seeing that.
I've just noticed that your previous EVs include a Model 3.

Can I ask why you got rid of it?

I've considered test driving a M3 but evening if I really liked it and decided it was worth the extra money I think that I would be put off by the reputation for (occasionally), poor build quality. My current 10yr old BMW has had loads of issues in the last few years and I don't think I could face having issues with a band new car.

Obviously issues can arise on any car but I'm hoping that with Kia they are less likely.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
One other thought...

I assume that the service package can be used any any Kia dealership and not just the one that you purchase it from?

Seems like a silly question but having not been in a position to have one before I'd hate to be caught out by something silly.
I did ask, the Service Pack stays with the car so my understanding is that it can be used by any subsequent owner and anywhere (Kia dealer I assume).

·
Registered
409 Posts
One other thought...

If you get the Kia service plan it stays with the car - whatever Kia service centre you use, and also when you sell the car. But make sure it is the Kia plan and not a plan for your dealer only.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I've just noticed that your previous EVs include a Model 3.

Can I ask why you got rid of it?

I've considered test driving a M3 but evening if I really liked it and decided it was worth the extra money I think that I would be put off by the reputation for (occasionally), poor build quality. My current 10yr old BMW has had loads of issues in the last few years and I don't think I could face having issues with a band new car.

Obviously issues can arise on any car but I'm hoping that with Kia they are less likely.
Lots of random system failures from day 1 (cameras, sensors, GPS, charging port, updates etc etc) - very unreliable. I tolerated this, and the cheap interior, for 6 months because at least it had Autopilot. Then when that drove itself into a solid object, I decided perhaps it wasn’t the car for me 😆

Ironically enough, my cheap Chinese MG is a picture of reliability, is well assembled, and has not caused me a single issue so far.

Reactions: finchlean

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Ironically enough, my cheap Chinese MG is a picture of reliability, is well assembled, and has not caused me a single issue so far.
Probably the same reason a 1963 A series engine will keep ticking like a sewing machine long after every more modern thing has blown up in your face 😁

1 - 20 of 27 Posts