Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I understand that this was a new feature recently introduced so some of you guys won't have seen it yet. It's a new option for the driver, next to the A and B trips:

Recharge.jpg

Basically the engine is top right, battery top left, and electric motor bottom left. The bar graph fills in the direction of energy flow and shows you how much; for instance at full acceleration the bar goes from the centre to the left and upwards and it shows 109kW (!). In L, with full regen, the bar goes left and downwards and shows up to about 30kW. I guess when the engine is being used, you can see how much power that's feeding in at any time, but seeing as I haven't had the engine run for more than 3 miles in total, I wasn't quick enough to test ;-)

I assume those who don't have it will have this option appear with the next software upgrade.

By the way, I've now done 200 miles and used only 0.05 gallons, which I think puts me at about 4000mpg. Not bad ;-)

Richard

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Some examples of the power flow meter.

On the left, it is yellow when using electricity, green when regenerating.
On the right it goes yellow when the engine runs.
What's wierd is watching the engine fire up just as you crest a hill so the whole lot ends up regenerating :)
Today I left Sussex with a petrol range of 95 miles, still had a range of 49 miles when I got home having driven 105 miles :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's on mine, imported July 2013, very interesting to look at specially when the engine is on. But still not as complete as it could be - the number in the middle is the kW going to the motor so when the engine is on but some is going to the battery you still don't know how much is being generated, how much is going to the battery and how much is being regenerated.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I think it's post July 2013 models; hopefully you earlier guys will get the software update that has it on. I've never seen the bars light up by the engine ;-)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have this on mine registered June 2013 but not the floating ball to the right of it - I have the petrol gauge there..?

Would be good to have instantaneous mpg when in engine mode too.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I have this on mine registered June 2013 but not the floating ball to the right of it - I have the petrol gauge there..?

Would be good to have instantaneous mpg when in engine mode too.
You can swap the petrol gauge for the green ball thingy, by pressing a button. I can't remember which one off the top of my head, but will have a look.

Instantaneous mpg when on petrol would be good, there is probably a way to work it out. However, as the engine doesn't run continuously, it may be misleading I guess.....

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the little rotary config knob to the lower right of the dashboard, down by the light level rotary switch :)

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
340 Posts
oo so it is, thanks for that. Its the config (rather than the rotary button) and it toggles the green ball on / off

·
Registered
387 Posts
My destinations are all still there. It may be the personalisation that charges IIRC you can set the ampera up to be different for each of the two keys you have or it can be the same. Maybe that is what changed. Only thing I lost was the radio presets and some of the door lock configuration.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Only let them have the one key, however have noticed my map version is now 1153, whilst I can't be certain I think it has been upgraded, haven't noticed anything new so far though, it's still crap.

Gary

·
Registered
697 Posts
Just had my 2nd service today. They did the software update for the Daytime Running Lights, but there's no power flow meter. I specifically asked them, and they had never heard of it. Gutted, as I'm a massive geek and I really wanted it!

Does anyone know if there's a way to get them to install it?

·
Super Moderator
6,322 Posts
Just had my 2nd service today. They did the software update for the Daytime Running Lights, but there's no power flow meter. I specifically asked them, and they had never heard of it. Gutted, as I'm a massive geek and I really wanted it!

Yep………………. Buy a new car :D

·
Registered
3,308 Posts

Sadly it doesn't seem to be available as an update, which is weird as it must be ridiculously simple to add to the car !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts