Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ryedale Council have started installing 2 dual socket 22kW units within the long stay car parks in Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside, Malton and Pickering. All units will be up and running by 31 March, Connected Kerb the supplier, 25p pkh via an RFID or the App.

Registered
Great to see more points going in, and two double-headed ac units is at least a sensible choice. Slightly less positive about yet another provider, with little presence elsewhere...another app, another rfid card 馃槵

Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
Disappointing to see yet another provider. I don鈥檛 want to see monopolies but I do worry some of these small providers won鈥檛 survive with the installed charge points becoming useless once the back end isn鈥檛 being paid for.
Interesting to note the proposed per kWh charge in the Ryedale offering will be the most expensive of the connected kerb sites.

Registered
Ryedale Council have started installing 2 dual socket 22kW units within the long stay car parks in Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside, Malton and Pickering. All units will be up and running by 31 March, Connected Kerb the supplier, 25p pkh via an RFID or the App.

I'm pleased to hear about this. It would be nice to see the same happen in Scarborough and Whitby.

Zoe Devotee
I'm pleased to hear about this. It would be nice to see the same happen in Scarborough and Whitby.
You would think the sheer volume of tourist traffic to Whitby and Scarborough that slapping in some chargers would be high on the agenda. My last two trips to Whitby have been by ICE as the trip the year before those was hellish, so much for a holiday when finding charging was so difficult.

Registered
Its almost 2 years since I had a long test drive in an e-Golf.

The route I chose to try to find my range anxiety level was up Sutton Bank, through Helmsley, Pickering, Whitby and Scarborough, with Malton as a plan B.

Nice scenery to test drive, but relying on the one rapid charger in Scarborough (Lidl or Aldi, I don't recall) sure helped to push the nerves.

Good to see a few more chargers going in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts