Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the transition, Chargplace Stotland promised us "a new, improved CPS mobile app". From my experience it looks nothing like "improved". I have recorded my attempts on using the map in the new app on my Samsung Galaxy S10. At the end of the video I start the Plugshare app, just to make sure that my phone is working properly.

If you zoom out to a larger region the app grinds to a halt. Quite literally.

Others reported the app to be "sluggish", though I think this is a serious understatement. Am I the only one experiencing such extreme behaviour?

Reactions: dparr59

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Nope. just as bad for me. I assumed it was being caused by the number of people making videos for their Insta, FB and TikTok feeds to show just how bad it is.....

I'll come back in a week and try again, but I'm lucky not to have to rely on this terrible app for any serious reasons!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Before the transition, Chargplace Stotland promised us "a new, improved CPS mobile app". From my experience it looks nothing like "improved". I have recorded my attempts on using the map in the new app on my Samsung Galaxy S10. At the end of the video I start the Plugshare app, just to make sure that my phone is working properly.

If you zoom out to a larger region the app grinds to a halt. Quite literally.

Others reported the app to be "sluggish", though I think this is a serious understatement. Am I the only one experiencing such extreme behaviour?
From what I can see there, it looks identical to the existing SWARCO one (which would make sense, given they run it). I only downloaded it to see if a charger was on it, but it's irritating to use. I have a SWARCO RFID card which works well, so the app got uninstalled quite quickly!

With CPS I would suggest to also use the RFID and forget the app!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,893 Posts
Yes, the app is useless and some complaints on their Twitter page about neither the app nor the rfid card working.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well, just wanted to make sure it is not only me. I will ignore the app and use my RFID card, as I've been doing for the last 4 years.

Reactions: dparr59

·
Registered
14 Posts
My CPS card expired a couple of weeks ago and I didn't renew it because the new RFID from SWARCO was to cost £10 instead of £20. Anyone know how to get hold of one of the new cards? The CPS website doesn't mention it unless I missed it

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,893 Posts
My CPS card expired a couple of weeks ago and I didn't renew it because the new RFID from SWARCO was to cost £10 instead of £20. Anyone know how to get hold of one of the new cards? The CPS website doesn't mention it unless I missed it
did you receive the changeover email asking you to agree to the new Ts&Cs?

Contact JC on their twitter page or email him and he will move you over so you can keep on using your existing card provided it is CPS branded. (it should still work on free vend chargers)

[email protected]

·
Registered
14 Posts
did you receive the changeover email asking you to agree to the new Ts&Cs?

Contact JC on their twitter page or email him and he will move you over so you can keep on using your existing card provided it is CPS branded. (it should still work on free vend chargers)

[email protected]
Yes, but the page that contained the T&Cs had not I Agree box and I didn't see how to proceed. Needless to say, CPS has not replied to my request for help on that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, but the page that contained the T&Cs had not I Agree box and I didn't see how to proceed. Needless to say, CPS has not replied to my request for help on that
To clarify what exactly happened, I just went back to that email with the Accept T&Cs link. On clicking the link I am taken to a CPS page which says Access Denied. That was what I asked for CPS help on - no reply.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,893 Posts
To clarify what exactly happened, I just went back to that email with the Accept T&Cs link. On clicking the link I am taken to a CPS page which says Access Denied. That was what I asked for CPS help on - no reply.
Yes, but in the top right is a login link. Click this and the login screen appears.
You then enter your email and click on the 'forgotten password' link..
Then you will receive an emailed link to login so you can enter a password.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, but in the top right is a login link. Click this and the login screen appears.
You then enter your email and click on the 'forgotten password' link..
Then you will receive an emailed link to login so you can enter a password.
I followed the login link but I know my pasword so I entered that and logged in. Access is still denied even though the denial page now has a logout option.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That doesn't make sense! Maybe try doing the password reset - I had to and I can also login via the CPS website and at

I wonder if this is a browser problem. I have been using Firefox so I tried using Edge and this time on clicking the link in the email I was sent to a page saying to resend my password. This time I was able to log in through the link so presumably my acceptance has now been accepted. Although when I try again to click the link in the email, I get access denied again so I am left able to log in to my CPS account but nothing else.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,893 Posts
I wonder if this is a browser problem. I have been using Firefox so I tried using Edge and this time on clicking the link in the email I was sent to a page saying to resend my password. This time I was able to log in through the link so presumably my acceptance has now been accepted. Although when I try again to click the link in the email, I get access denied again so I am left able to log in to my CPS account but nothing else.
Can you see this screen when you click on 'my account' in the top right?

Attachments

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,893 Posts
Yes, I get that screen
That's about as much functionality there is currently - you can't add a payment method, request more cards just yet.
You should see any charges you make, but probably the charger number under 'site' will be empty.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,893 Posts
OK, so there isn't any way to get one of the new £10 cards yet?
You don't need one. They don't expire provided it is CPS branded (the card number starts with a 6)
Only new users need to pay £10 for their card.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You don't need one. They don't expire provided it is CPS branded (the card number starts with a 6)
Ah, that's a big relief. I must have missed that somehow. I have been borrowing my son's card but he will be wanting it back soon. Must try my own which I assumed would have expired.
Thanks again for your help!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts