Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just thought i would post this in the hope someone local can check if the car park on station road blackpool is for public use or not, there were 2 bays marked for ev use on the car park but i dont know what app they require or fee to use.... not currently on zapmap hence askin on here

·
Registered
2,448 Posts

·
Blackpool's First and only Electric Taxi Company!
135 Posts
Hi everyone, just thought i would post this in the hope someone local can check if the car park on station road blackpool is for public use or not, there were 2 bays marked for ev use on the car park but i dont know what app they require or fee to use.... not currently on zapmap hence askin on here
Hi,

These are our Taxi chargers and are not currently available for public use.

Really sorry about that but we hope to be able help other EV'ers soon

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying :) maybe one day blackpool will put more 7kw posts in on talbot rd carpark as the 2x 22kw there seem like overkill for a visitor....i never stay in blackpool for under 1hr.....i wish they would fit say 10x 7kw beside them.......ps love how premier cars have gone ev too...well done

Ps they also need some points nearer the pleasure beach .... currently when i visit im restricted to north & central pier areas as i refuse to pay £10 for the pleasure beach carpark to use their charger which is £1.50 p/h or £6 to charge all afternoon there just so we can hang around that area

Oh and the shopping centre has 2x 7kw too but i always fail to get them to work to due no mobile signal where they are located.....luckilly talbot road runs via a coin metre £1 2hrs

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I think the £1 for 2 hours + parking charge in Talbot road was good, used a few times last year, park up wife drag's me round shops or jump on a tram (usually get a few days pass) and go South or North to Cleveley's or Fleetwwod for a couple of hours.
Love the idea of not having to rely on a card or app to start a charge. (y)
Agree a few 7kW would be ideal along side these though.

Reactions: bencompston

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the £1 for 2 hours + parking charge in Talbot road was good, used a few times last year, park up wife drag's me round shops or jump on a tram (usually get a few days pass) and go South or North to Cleveley's or Fleetwwod for a couple of hours.
Love the idea of not having to rely on a card or app to start a charge. (y)
Agree a few 7kW would be ideal along side these though.
Ive emailed blackpool council who operate talbot road regarding this around a month ago, unfortunately they think its worth putting 2 more 22kw as opposed to say 6-10 7kw at the same sort of cost due to the way ev battery sizes are increasing.... they obviously arnt thinking people come to blackpool for a day out :-/ stupid stupid councillors maybe premier cars can give them a nudge or know someone who can possibly look into this? They obviously dont think tourists with ev's stay for more than 1-2hrs which is what most ev's need on a 22kw post

·
Blackpool's First and only Electric Taxi Company!
135 Posts
Ive emailed blackpool council who operate talbot road regarding this around a month ago, unfortunately they think its worth putting 2 more 22kw as opposed to say 6-10 7kw at the same sort of cost due to the way ev battery sizes are increasing.... they obviously arnt thinking people come to blackpool for a day out :-/ stupid stupid councillors maybe premier cars can give them a nudge or know someone who can possibly look into this? They obviously dont think tourists with ev's stay for more than 1-2hrs which is what most ev's need on a 22kw post
That's the issue with these things... People look at what has happened in the past rather than what will or may happen in the future. It'll take a lot of people to convince them to change their opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts