Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip to Leicester and was browsing zap-map (http://zap-map.com) and was surprised by how many grey "coming soon" charging points are shown, especially in the Midlands (I guess part of the PiP there?).

If they all do go live, then this looks good news for EV and RE-EV drivers.

Yes, I know the cynics amongst you will say "they won't ever arrive" or "they will always be broken" but let's be positive for a change ;-)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi, I agree, I live in Coventry and we have several existing and several new charging points coming soon!

The good thing is for most of the Coventry points is that they are mostly right where you need them, we have at least six points that are free (you need a card) but are next to the city centre, at those points you get 3hours free parking, then if you require longer you can park in the car parks that are equipped with charging points.

Future points are in the free Park and Ride car park that is actually in the large Memorial Park, so I can try and get fit and whilst doing so charge my car!

I suppose the only downside to come is that as part of PIP there is PAYG charges to come, hey ho, I will make the most of it whilst I can!

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a member of London Source and it is a shame that the PiPs do not allow ocassional roaming. I cant justify joining the midlands one as will not use it regularly...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts