Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
This new colour ( for the UK) is now available.
Marsh Kia Exeter have their new demo in this colour if you would like to see it in the flesh.
Makes a nice change from the blue.

Do you offer this on an extended test drive, I'd like to try it out on my typically longer commutes this autumn?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Longest is 63 miles each way, would hope to get there and back if I could on one charge. Charging at the Bristol end is possible, but would ideally like the option of not having too.
In a word. No you won't. You'll need to charge every time. i3 REX is better suited I think.

I've been using mine in B mode with eco on and it's a steady 4.3 miles per kwh. That's mixed all manner of terrain, speeds etc.

100 mile round trip is pushing it. My range generally shows no more than 110 and it's mostly 105-108 and it's been consistently that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
In a word. No you won't. You'll need to charge every time. i3 REX is better suited I think.

I've been using mine in B mode with eco on and it's a steady 4.3 miles per kwh. That's mixed all manner of terrain, speeds etc.

100 mile round trip is pushing it. My range generally shows no more than 110 and it's mostly 105-108 and it's been consistently that.
Thanks for this real world knowledge. The i3 is no good for us as a family of 5. I'm going to try the 30kw Leaf and the Hyundai Ioniq too. If I have to charge up with either of these then so be it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree with the above range info,
Ive driven one from Exeter to Southampton before, 108 miles on one charge, 7 miles range left on it.
63 mile E/W commute you would need to charge / top up at least.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Agree with the others on the range, I've found 90 miles doesnt leave a lot in reserve so definitely factor in a charge somewhere along you route

1 - 14 of 14 Posts