Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Zoe 22KW Aug 2018 - 65 plate 9k
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully 2morro #Friday 24th August 2018 we will have the new steed, 65 plate born 31st December 2015 with just 9000 miles and a full year + warranty :)

Battery lease see how that works, as we all know the cars cheap and honestly I can see me upgraded in a few years so could be perfect.

Lasted serviced on 8789 20/2/18 (it's been sat about for a bit then) got a great deal after using EcoCars.net to source it for me, Can't fault Jonathan for his efforts and communication through the whole process.

Got my plugged in Midlands card ready to clock some miles up, next is the home charger install over using outbound chargers around Coventry.

Road tax down from £190 for my old Abarth 500 with refund on route, sadly My insurance have hit me hard mid policy with a £153 fee on a 5000 mile policy, luckily I didn't do any miles in my old car so best ramp up the miles. Ideal scenario the wife has a 7kw charger handy outside her work at the local Canley Aldi (y) that will work nicely.

Here's to the future and less than 17.7p a mile, drive more & enjoy driving again.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
Congratulations. The Zoe’s a great car with a good following and should be very enjoyable to run!

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations. The Zoe’s a great car with a good following and should be very enjoyable to run!
Impressed with the drive home all be it 12 miles, wet roads but handled OK :) quick 2kw ultra charge to check my plugged in midlands card worked and home. time to put some mileage on the motor.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Had mine just over a year now. Seven thousand miles. Faultless so far. Still look for any excuse to go for a drive. Lovely transport. Hope yours works out well for you.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Got my plugged in Midlands card ready to clock some miles up,
Might not work at some locations as Plugged-in-Midlands were taken over by Chargemaster / Polar, so you will probably need a Polar Plus RFID card (at a monthly subscription) or the Polar Instant app on your smartphone.

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
Welcome :) I've had mine since May (22kWh) and I am currently waiting for new one to arrive - so happy with the car :)

Reactions: Ricey155

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might not work at some locations as Plugged-in-Midlands were taken over by Chargemaster / Polar, so you will probably need a Polar Plus RFID card (at a monthly subscription) or the Polar Instant app on your smartphone.
PIM card is the £7.85 a month sub version, my understanding it's the same as POLAR plus (being same company now??)

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
If you are going with Polar I would recommend getting the card and NOT the fob. The fob breaks on the key loop and then gets fidly to handle. It's the same size as a Tesco fob. If It was not for the £10 cost I would get a replacement card. Might just get the Wife to sign up for it and then she can get a card for free :D

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are going with Polar I would recommend getting the card and NOT the fob. The fob breaks on the key loop and then gets fidly to handle. It's the same size as a Tesco fob. If It was not for the £10 cost I would get a replacement card. Might just get the Wife to sign up for it and then she can get a card for free :D
PIM is polar works on POLAR network in Nuneaton and got the card over the FOB don't even want my house keys on the car key/card hate rattle's. great start loving it and it can only get better with more use. especially with Craig offering to check my SOH at some stage for peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
PIM card is the £7.85 a month sub version, my understanding it's the same as POLAR plus (being same company now??)
Thanks for the clarification - I was thinking of the old purple Pluggedinmidlands card.

·
Banned
2,147 Posts
PIM is polar works on POLAR network in Nuneaton and got the card over the FOB don't even want my house keys on the car key/card hate rattle's. great start loving it and it can only get better with more use. especially with Craig offering to check my SOH at some stage for peace of mind.
I need to add to that thread I have a dongle or 2 I can help out with :)

Reactions: Ricey155

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts