Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
This is a little village called Banwell in Somerset where I had to wait for a tractor to come down the narrow street. I dragged the screen through 360 degrees, taking screen shots as I did.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I recorded a short video as I walked around the house and could play that back OK on my mac using 360fly director and all looks OK. Seems a bit clunky when trying to see all the all round video but is OK. Cannot seem to get the phone to connect to the camera wifi. I have downloaded the app and connected my phone to the camera’s wifi but the app does not see it. The instructions say the ind light should flash yellow when the wifi is activated but i only see the blue ‘on’ light.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I recorded a short video as I walked around the house and could play that back OK on my mac using 360fly director and all looks OK. Seems a bit clunky when trying to see all the all round video but is OK. Cannot seem to get the phone to connect to the camera wifi. I have downloaded the app and connected my phone to the camera’s wifi but the app does not see it. The instructions say the ind light should flash yellow when the wifi is activated but i only see the blue ‘on’ light.
Mine doesn't flash yellow either. I found the app tries to connect to the house wifi. Just hit the X button and then the try again button. You can then select the ActionCamera wifi.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine doesn't flash yellow either. I found the app tries to connect to the house wifi. Just hit the X button and then the try again button. You can then select the ActionCamera wifi.
Thanks. I disabled the wifi then reenabled and all worked! Trying to work out how best to mount in the car…..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks. I disabled the wifi then reenabled and all worked! Trying to work out how best to mount in the car…..
Me too. I'm trying it attached to the headrest support at the moment to give a view all around the outside of the car. I've set the exposure to -2 and you can see outside really well.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am impressed with this camera especially given it was only £28. It comes with lots of attachments so fairly easy to choose a suitable mount. However, I am struggling to find a place to mount it where it can record front and rear well. Hard to get the exposure correct as one direction is always lighter than the other, especially with the Kona’s tinted windows. However, for the price it would be easy to place one front and back. Pity the instructions are so poor and I am still trying to work out what ‘driving mode’ does. I need to see if it keeps drawing power when the car is shut down and to find the correct setting to loop the recordings so it automatically overwrites the oldest…..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep. Me too. I've bought two cheap dash cams in the past and had to have a refund on both as they didn't work. This one is amazing. The "driving mode" seems to start recording as soon as you switch the camera on, and it records 5 minute segments. I've put a 64GB card in so it might be a while before it fills up. I've found mounting it on the headrest support so it sits in the middle of the car works for me, with a -3 on the exposure. The internal battery seems quite substantial, so I'm guessing it will run for an hour or two before it needs recharging. I've got mine plugged into the USB port so it charges as it runs.
I'll give it a 9 out of 10, losing a point for the instruction book (although it is funny).

I should also give a shout out to Stageshoot for mentioning a 360 degree camera. I hadn't heard of them until he started this post. Thank you.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yep. Me too. I've bought two cheap dash cams in the past and had to have a refund on both as they didn't work. This one is amazing. The "driving mode" seems to start recording as soon as you switch the camera on, and it records 5 minute segments. I've put a 64GB card in so it might be a while before it fills up. I've found mounting it on the headrest support so it sits in the middle of the car works for me, with a -3 on the exposure. The internal battery seems quite substantial, so I'm guessing it will run for an hour or two before it needs recharging. I've got mine plugged into the USB port so it charges as it runs.
I'll give it a 9 out of 10, losing a point for the instruction book (although it is funny).

I should also give a shout out to Stageshoot for mentioning a 360 degree camera. I hadn't heard of them until he started this post. Thank you.
Mine ran overnight on its internal battery while sat on my desk. I had ‘driving mode’ selected but it just seemed to keep recording in the 3min segments I had previously set. Is your set up still recording when the car is shut down?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine ran overnight on its internal battery while sat on my desk. I had ‘driving mode’ selected but it just seemed to keep recording in the 3min segments I had previously set. Is you set up still recording when the car is shut down?
Yes. I've found that you have to press "OK" to stop the recording and then hold the power button for 2 seconds to switch it off. I suppose the 3 min segments in driving mode makes it easier to locate an accident clip and convert it to equilinear format for the insurance company or the police.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've just found out that if you plug the camera into the computer and open "camera" in 360Fly Director, you can select the video folder in the explorer and view your videos off the camera without having to download them. This software just gets better and better. :)

Just found this online manual. It's not as funny, but makes more sense.

Also trying this software.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've just found out that if you plug the camera into the computer and open "camera" in 360Fly Director, you can select the video folder in the explorer and view your videos off the camera without having to download them. This software just gets better and better. :)

Just found this online manual. It's not as funny, but makes more sense.

Also trying this software.
This is the software I wanted.
This one allows you to upload to YouTube.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes. I've found that you have to press "OK" to stop the recording and then hold the power button for 2 seconds to switch it off. I suppose the 3 min segments in driving mode makes it easier to locate an accident clip and convert it to equilinear format for the insurance company or the police.
I had hoped that ‘driving mode’ would mean it would shut down when the car shut down. I would prefer it was not running when the car is off as I expect that constantly running the internal battery to zero would not be a good thing.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts