Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading through the sales brochure for the MY21 Niro and it appears the e-niro is getting an updated digital driver display cluster. What are people's thoughts 馃憤 or would you prefer the existing configuration?

Registered
That's actually a photo of the cluster from a MY20 PHEV, note the vertical "rev counter" to the left of the speedo, and the EV mode indicator for example.

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
The other slight give away is the ECO/HYBRID logo in the top right :)
Peter

Registered
Is the cluster fixed on a given year model or like the infotainment system can it up upgraded via firmware update?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I know the picture is of a hybrid, but the brochure for the MY21 Niro says it's coming to the e-niro. Don't think it's been used on an e-niro yet only MY20 phevs so probably why there's no picture of it. Just wondering how it will be configured for the e-niro given that some of the obvious dials (rev counter, fuel gauge, etc) won't be needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Is the cluster fixed on a given year model or like the infotainment system can it up upgraded via firmware update?
Think in this case it will be fixed to the model as it looks like the shaping of cluster is slightly different to current models

Registered
From memory, this was expected in the MY20 since, from memory, it was mentioned in some spec somewhere.

So it could well be more mis-information

Registered
Personally I don鈥檛 like the reflections round the outside of the display or the shape, I hope my 4+ has the old shape. Better picture added.

Registered
As someone who has the PHEV, my only complaint would be that the digital speedometer display is a little too far to the right, so is obscured a little by the steering wheel and your right hand.

Registered
Don't hate me, but I kind of like it. Obviously, reserving judgement until I can see it in the flesh.
However, I'm more curious if anything else has changed. It wouldn't surprise me if the instrument cluster wasn't the only thing they've changed.
Until the demo car lands (and who knows when that will be), I'm taking nothing for granted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts