Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Just dropping in to say Hi, I'm newly registered here. We've got an e-208 GT in Faro Yellow arriving on Tuesday. Ordered back in Feb through Drivethedeal who offered the best price I could find at the time - but it was delayed slightly due to Covid. The car was built on June 10th and should be being trailered to us from the supplying dealer up in Preston to save their driver having to stop and charge it up - as that's further away than a single charge.

Car is actually my mother in law's but she lives with us, so no doubt we'll be using it frequently for trips into town as both the wife and I have large cars that aren't the easiest to get round all the multi-storey car parks.

First foray in to electric cars, so not really clued up. We got the pod point installed which seemed fairly straightforward. I've had a bit of a poke around a few different threads on here and there is some great info.

Car is going in to our detailer to be ceramic coated with Gtechnic Crystal Serum Ultra and then topped with ExoV4 so it should look beautiful when that is done, and protected from the elements for longer than we'll probably own it (is on a 4 year PCP)

Couple of quick Q's

• Any common quirks or things to be aware of with the e208?
  • I've registered the PodPoint app, what other apps should we download and register for public charging (not that we'll be doing this much if at all, but want it all ready to go in case we do need to) I've seen mention of Polar and Ecotricity
  • Do people generally seem to be getting on well with the e-208? I still don't think I've seen one on the road yet (save the one we borrowed from the local dealer to test drive)
Anyway, good evening to you all - thanks for all the useful info (y)

ST.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome ST.

Faro Yellow GT was my car of choice back in late Feb as well, but working in the NHS, I knew what was coming and plumped for a stock Cumulus Grey GT Line.

That's one very nice car there.

No common issues at the moment other than the My Peugeot App is *rap. Very intermittent.

Getting used to the lower steering wheel position may prove a tad interesting. (I'm fine with it)

I have Pod Point, also Genie Point, plus the Alfa Power one (waiting for their dongle/card). Still feeling my way with this and there are more experts on here.

Love the car, especially when I can stop my wife from jumping in it, her car gets used much less now. :D

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,847 Posts
Love the car, especially when I can stop my wife from jumping in it, her car gets used much less now.
Heard this so often. When an EV joins a family’s fleet, the other vehicles soon start to feel somewhat neglected. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all :)

I think the deal was decent - ended up paying £27,064 (factory order ‘vanilla’ GT, didn’t add anything else to it) but looking on DTD now it’s showing about £1300 more than in Feb. Others here may have done better though? We didn’t look into straight lease deals, this was Cash/PCP. Got the PodPoint 7kw thing for free as part of the deal (well, £500 from the government and Pug paid the rest)

What is the situation with servicing these cars - what do they need? Are there any promo service plans through Pug, and are they good value?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
That’s really good - I paid a few hundred £ more for a GT Line but they gave me £13500 for my 2yr old Zoe that I only paid £12890 for ;)

So monthly I’m paying £30/month more than my Zoe + battery rental as the Zoe gave me £6000 deposit

JJ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s really good - I paid a few hundred £ more for a GT Line but they gave me £13500 for my 2yr old Zoe that I only paid £12890 for ;)

So monthly I’m paying £30/month more than my Zoe + battery rental as the Zoe gave me £6000 deposit

JJ
Nice! I assume this was a paperwork exercise and it was actually just more of a discount on the Pug which they showed on paper to be a higher PX valuation on your Zoe? Or had the Zoe appreciated in value?!

If you have a car to PX then I guess it’s the cost to change that count at the end of the day. In our case the MIL had a 15 year old Yaris that I was able to shift quickly via private sale which makes it easier. The downside of Drive The Deal is that they don’t allow their dealers to Part Ex. Interestingly this was also the first purchase of a car where a local dealer hasn’t agreed to match the DTD price as our preference is always to aim for the broker price but from a local dealer... and then retain the ability to PX. The process seems to have been pretty smooth though, all paperwork etc done over email. Easy peasy.

JJ - Just seen photos of your car, stunning. Love the wind deflectors. If the car was mine I would do the same.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks all :)

What is the situation with servicing these cars - what do they need? Are there any promo service plans through Pug, and are they good value?
I tried to get some info on servicing, but it is scarce, effectively service is only every two years but I was told it has to go in at the 12 month point.

The car is so new no one really knows what's what at the moment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to get some info on servicing, but it is scarce, effectively service is only every two years but I was told it has to go in at the 12 month point.

The car is so new no one really knows what's what at the moment.
Excellent thanks. I think I read somewhere about a battery coolant change being the most involved part of the service, apparently brakes last forever due to regen stuff so there isn’t too much other regular maintenance stuff that needs doing... but I wasn’t clear on time/mileage between servicing, costs etc.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Very nice. I hope that it gives lots of pleasure. (y) I can't see the MiL getting much chance to drive it - do you let her use your car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice. I hope that it gives lots of pleasure. (y) I can't see the MiL getting much chance to drive it - do you let her use your car?
She’d be welcome to, but she’s 4 foot nothing tall and in her 70’s, so my new Touareg and my wife’s XC90 would be a little intimidating for her I think! The longest journey she does these days is 8 miles into town, and generally only 4-5 miles to the local supermarket.

As much as I think the e208 is going to be great fun, i’m only going to be able to drive it when I haven’t got the wife and kids along for the ride - the kids are still small enough to need huge great awkward car seats that are a pain to move between cars. They are rear facing too so I’m not sure whether they would even fit in the Pug.

I just took the Pug out for a spin this evening by myself and my initial impressions are what a fantastic car. Really well put together inside, and the performance belies the figures on paper as the instant torque from the motor makes quite a bit of difference. Steering is a little numb, and noticeable torque steer under heavy acceleration - but then it‘s FWD so I guess that’s to be expected. Tom Tom maps seem a little old tech, but Apple Car Play makes that redundant anyway. Love the 3D dash, that’s really cool. Particularly love the design of the gear selector. We have 360 degree cameras on both other cars so seeing how the Pug does that clever thing with the software from the rear camera only is really interesting, and really smart. Took a while to figure out how to release the charger from the car... hold the button in that looks like a clock. Took MiL out and taught her how to drive it earlier and she’s really pleased. So far, it’s a big thumbs up from the whole family for the little yellow car.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts