Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

After many months of waiting, my new E-Niro is scheduled to be delivered to me on Friday of this week. Am very much looking forward to joining the E-Niro community as an owner of one.

This is my first full electric car, although I have been helped on my journey by having for the last 4 years an Outlander PHEV. Will be quite mind blowing for me to go more than 25 miles on battery power!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
266 Posts
Congrats. I am in the process of closing the deal on mine. They have it on stock and presumably in some 3 weeks or so I should be able to pick it up... First EV and currently driving an 11 years old Skoda Octavia. Let us know your impressions!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine is ETA 2nd week of September, but “could be earlier, could be later”... it’s funny how there seems to be no pattern or predictability to availability dates For a car that is clearly coming by boat from South Korea

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine is ETA 2nd week of September, but “could be earlier, could be later”... it’s funny how there seems to be no pattern or predictability to availability dates For a car that is clearly coming by boat from South Korea
We must be in the same batch. I’m hoping it arrives ahead of schedule!

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
266 Posts
Mine is supposed to be delivering to stealership 14th Sept with pickup by me 18th Sept.
I chose Gravity Blue. I was told that if I chose either black or white it would have-been 1 week sooner. So presumably there are two ships docking a week or so apart? With Black and White cars on the earlier ship and with Grey and Blue cars on the later ship? Apparently there are no more silver '4' coming ever.

Peter

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyone writing back. Seems that we are a cohort of new e Niro people!

Am planning a drive on Saturday of around 150 miles. Should be comfortably within range. Variety of different roads including some motorway action. Will let you all know how it goes !

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hope you all enjoy your e-Niros. I've just been on holiday without ours and I missed it a lot. Looking forward to driving again.

Download the UVO app - make sure it's the latest version - and read the Kia Niro posts here.

Ours is black. Quite jealous of those of you getting white or blue because they would have been my choices but we didn't want to wait. My only criticism of the Kia and the eNiro is the boring colour range. Kona has really good colours. We'd have got a brighter car if only there were were some. But I still love our car.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
266 Posts
Completely agree. The entire E Niro UK colour range is total crap. Apparently on the continent and elsewhere they get super colours. I can only assume that somebody in marketing at Kia UK has a very distorted and depressed view of what this market actually wants. At my Kia dealership they all agree the colours are crap. They are also a Mazda franchise. I was in awe at the available Mazda colours in the showroom. They have some amazing lustrous iridescent greens, reds and copper bronze that look stunningly beautiful. I chose gravity blue as it is the only actual colour (but very dark, nearly black), the rest are just shades on a dull grey scale! I’m certain people are generally buying the E Niro for the cars spec, range and performance. Certainly not for its visual appeal. I know I am anyway. To me Gravity Blue was just the lesser of the evils. The 4+ yacht blue looks much nicer to me, but I just couldn’t wait till February. Heck it’s killing me to wait another 3 weeks!

Peter

·
Registered
18 Posts
We ordered ours, opted for the Silky Silver as silver doesn't show the dirt as much as a dark car, in May 2019 with an ETA of October 2020 :(. However took delivery 24th June, highly delighted with the car. Have had an issue (detailed elsewhere in this forum) that the dealer is hopefully going to resolve.

Kia should give owners the owners manual 3 weeks before car delivery, it's like War & Peace but definitely needs to be read.
UVO app is good, notifies if doors left unlocked & when charge is complete among many other things.

Hope you all enjoy your cars when they arrive it's worth the wait :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Entirely agree about colour, we chose Gravity Blue as least worst option.
The manual seems to be crammed with lots of stuff you don’t really need to know and leave out a lot that would be useful.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Completely agree. The entire E Niro UK colour range is total crap. Apparently on the continent and elsewhere they get super colours. I can only assume that somebody in marketing at Kia UK has a very distorted and depressed view of what this market actually wants. At my Kia dealership they all agree the colours are crap. They are also a Mazda franchise. I was in awe at the available Mazda colours in the showroom. They have some amazing lustrous iridescent greens, reds and copper bronze that look stunningly beautiful. I chose gravity blue as it is the only actual colour (but very dark, nearly black), the rest are just shades on a dull grey scale! I’m certain people are generally buying the E Niro for the cars spec, range and performance. Certainly not for its visual appeal. I know I am anyway. To me Gravity Blue was just the lesser of the evils. The 4+ yacht blue looks much nicer to me, but I just couldn’t wait till February. Heck it’s killing me to wait another 3 weeks!

Peter
Yacht blue is easily the best e-Niro colour available, but just like features such as sunroof and memory seats, it took 2 years to become available in the UK. It's pretty strange that the UK market seems to be the worst in terms of choice, not sure if that's related to the fact we're right hand drive or not, or as you say just poor decisions from UK marketers. Even its cousin the Hyundai Kona had some nice colours from the very beginning! Maybe they made a concious decision that the e-Niro would be the boring/business/adult EV in the UK and the Kona would be the funky/cool EV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Entirely agree about colour, we chose Gravity Blue as least worst option.
The manual seems to be crammed with lots of stuff you don’t really need to know and leave out a lot that would be useful.
Agree re manual, unfortunately until you read it it's hard to tell what's superfluous & whats missing. Kia main dealer unable to answer some of questions I have subsequently asked & made up some rubbish because they didn't know the answer & wouldn't admit it. Not totally impressed with dealership, they weren't happy when I told them I was rapidly losing faith in them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
With Kia selling out their UK allocation I guess the Kia marketing team don't feel under great pressure to improve the choice of colours or options.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts