Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This totally passed me by until I saw it on Twitter just now. Looks like a redesigned eniro is being unveiled on Thursday. From the teaser images it seems like a totally new design along the lines of the EV6!

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Steering wheel Speedometer Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive design Gadget Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Reactions: MetalHead

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This isn't the e-Niro replacement, it is the updated ICE-based Niro. The e-Niro replacement, based on the e-GMP platform like the IONIQ 5 and the EV6 will probably be called the EV4, when it is announced.
This would make More sense however everything I’m reading says the new Niro will come as an EV.

Auto express article today says pure EV as well as hybrid for the new Niro, but suggests 2023 so some way off. The reveal on Thursday is another concept apparently to tease the upcoming Niro, so will not be the final car. Spy photos Ive seen show the C pillar in contrasting colours, running all the way down the side of the car. That one was black with silver C pillar, the above seems to have orange down the pillar

View attachment 153122
hope it’s 2022, would like it to drive down prices of the current model!

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, it may well have a BEV version as well as all the other ICE flavours; given the success of the current e-Niro they would be foolish to bin that before the EV4 has got established. But the true successor to the e-Niro, adding to its success with all the advantages of the e-GMP platform and none of the disadvantages of sharing an adapted ICE platform, will be the EV4.
Agreed, however i suspect the EV4 will be considerably more expensive.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To improve the eNiro you could optimise it to have a decent Frunk/Froot, and you could improve the charging speed. 800V is not necessarily. Just charging at 100-150kW on 400V from 10-80% would be brilliant. Sure the styling could be improved, the range could be improved... But keeping the same price point and improving the charging speed should be the most important updates.
Not sure the Frunk would be possible as its also available as a filthy hybrid.

For me, the eniro is currently top of the list to replace our Diesel family car next year...if this new model is just a cosmetic one inside and out then i would probably just get the old model used. If they improve the charging and tech though i might be tempted to hold out and spend a bit more for a new one.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm. Not blown away.

Will be interesting to see if there are any improvements to the battery, drivetrain or charge speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts