Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,157 Posts
That black bit at the rear sides is unbelievably ugly. I’m not usually that bothered about cosmetics providing it works well. However, that would actually stop me from buying it. Don’t they ever do any actual market research trials prior to releases? I'm certain this feature will be universally disliked. Peter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read an article earlier (think it was an Aus car news site) that said the two-tone Rear pillar can be optioned off if you prefer a more classic Niro look.

I think it’ll be one of those divisive style choices, in some colour combos it may look really good but it others it could look horrid.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
780 Posts
Before I went EV, my last ICE was a Peugeot 3008 and mine was an ex demonstrator that came with the optional two colour combo, split at the rear doors. The second colour then covered the whole back end. It was grey at the front and black at the back. That looked ok (to me) but I have hardly ever seen another one, so it can't have been a popular option. This thing though looks horrible.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,157 Posts
Hehe, maybe after removing it all (hopefully?) from the dash, they had a surplus of horrible piano black plastic.….. So they stuck it at the back to use it up :ROFLMAO: Peter.

• Haha
Reactions: Xinix

·
Registered
384 Posts
It looks like a cut-n-shut to me... that back end 😲.... It looks like they welded-on the back of a Ford focus😂

·
Registered
384 Posts
Nicer looking front end
Yes, a reasonable effort although it appears that after redesigning the bonnet & grille they didn't quite know where to put the headlights and just cut two large holes to bung them in.

There seems to be a trend of overdesigning for overdesigning sake
IMO.
All they achieve is gambling with a polarising car.

The interior looks nice enough though.

·
Registered
Kia E-niro 4+
142 Posts
There seems to be a trend of overdesigning for overdesigning sake

All they achieve is gambling with a polarising car.
That seems to be the design brief for most EVs. That’s what I like about the e-Niro. It’s one of the few EVs that doesn’t look like an extra from a 1980s Star Trek episode.

At first I thought it was a design policy, make them ugly to keep demand manageable, but it seems here to stay :-(

·
Registered
360 Posts
This totally passed me by until I saw it on Twitter just now. Looks like a redesigned eniro is being unveiled on Thursday. From the teaser images it seems like a totally new design along the lines of the EV6!

View attachment 153113

View attachment 153111
View attachment 153112
Just watched Car Scenes Korea look-around. Leaving aside the apparently controversial aesthetics of the C pillars, there are air flow slots through them. Do these perhaps address the Niro's terrible dirty bum problem. If so, I for one would be very happy.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts