Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just picked up a new Tekna Rapid plus van and driven it 280 miles ish to get it home....love it! The main trip home was 180 miles so had to charge three times on the M6/M5 - the trip took a while but not too bad and the van is very comfy to be in especially with all the bells and whistles of this model. It was 2 or 3 degrees outside so needed the heating on for periods which meant 50 mile range was sensible (@60-65mph) to enable to charge to almost full in 30mins....so didn't really drop much below 20% battery at any point.

I need to install a roof rack but the Nissan dealers seem to not really know much about their own vans. One guy told me they don't encourage or even sell roof racks for them because it would impact the efficiency...minutes before handing me an e-nv200 accessories brochure with a few different roof rack options in it!

So the question is, do the NV200 racks fit the e-nv200? Specifically, the cage style rack rather than just the bars?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
They will fit but he is right they will reduce the range. Have you considered removing the bulkhead if you need more space?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your message. I thought they would be the same but useful for the confirmation.

I will only be bumbling around town in mostly 20mph limits most of the time so it shouldn't affect my range too much, and I need to carry a couple of long ladders so can't really do without them unfortunately.

Thanks
T

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
Thanks for your message. I thought they would be the same but useful for the confirmation.

I will only be bumbling around town in mostly 20mph limits most of the time so it shouldn't affect my range too much, and I need to carry a couple of long ladders so can't really do without them unfortunately.

Thanks
T
I would not remove the bulkhead as the heating will have to work 10 times harder, if you are spending most of your time at about 30mph then I would have thought the roof rack would have little impact on range

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a ultirack fitted to mine. Light weight alloy and I noticed little difference in range

Only when I changed the wheels did it changed the mileage

·
Registered
267 Posts
I used to have a surfboard rack on my diesel Kangoo, it made a noticeable difference to fuel economy on the motorway but no different at all around town.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a pair of roof bars on mine and usually have a ladder on them.

Whilst the range is reduced slightly it's not by as much as you'd think. Over the last eighteen months my range has not dropped below 60 miles and that's carrying a payload starting the day at about 750kg.

I do tend to keep my speed below 60mph though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great, thanks very much! :)

The van coped with it's first day at work much better than I did after the Xmas break! Nice and toasty before I unplugged this morning....but a shame they don't do electric heated door mirrors.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

The van coped with it's first day at work much better than I did after the Xmas break! Nice and toasty before I unplugged this morning....but a shame they don't do electric heated door mirrors.
They do, the winter pack, if you have heated seats you have heated mirrors.

·
Registered
775 Posts

Not sure what model you have, I have the ENV200 Tekna Rapid Plus and this has heated mirrors. Seats and steering wheel

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Hi,

I've just picked up a new Tekna Rapid plus van and driven it 280 miles ish to get it home....love it! The main trip home was 180 miles so had to charge three times on the M6/M5 - the trip took a while but not too bad and the van is very comfy to be in especially with all the bells and whistles of this model. It was 2 or 3 degrees outside so needed the heating on for periods which meant 50 mile range was sensible (@60-65mph) to enable to charge to almost full in 30mins....so didn't really drop much below 20% battery at any point.

I need to install a roof rack but the Nissan dealers seem to not really know much about their own vans. One guy told me they don't encourage or even sell roof racks for them because it would impact the efficiency...minutes before handing me an e-nv200 accessories brochure with a few different roof rack options in it!

So the question is, do the NV200 racks fit the e-nv200? Specifically, the cage style rack rather than just the bars?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom
I know this an old thread but with hindsight I would recommend the aero bars from Thule etc. The reason is I went for the cheaper rectangular bars and they make a devil of a noise on the open road as well as being less efficient presumably.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got mine from nissan.. they are a genuine after sales part and in the brochure. you can get two bars or three, they are all the same.i got 3 and theyretverthuseful.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts