Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bill has gone up, how have you faired from this?

Basically we now have a £40 discount (a year) for having an EV and a higher per kWh price. So my bill is going up.

I'm going to have to shop around as it was already not cheap, but it's reminded me to take a look elsewhere, just in case.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Mine has gone down slightly as a result of this change.

It seems more fair though. Before, with an adjusted tariff, those that used little electricity got little benefit and those that used a lot got a larger benefit. Now, with it as a fixed discount we all get the same discount.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I've received the same email. They forecast mine would go up by £11. My account was due to transfer on 14 October but I've put it on hold as I'm getting an Economy 7 meter installed first.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Mine is forecast to go up by £1. I'll just have to take another 8kwh from the Electric Highway over the next 12 months to compensate.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could save a couple of hundred by always charging at the local IKEA* so maybe that's the answer.

In fact, I could move supplier AND charge at the local IKEA and save maybe £500 to £600 a year, even better.

:eek: :confused: :(

*until fees are introduced, when ever that may be.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Hmmm, I could save £163.33 if I took the cheapest E7 (Scottish Power).

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I can save between £260 and £320 a year (dual fuel) if I switch to a "non green" supplier.

That's not to be sniffed at.

:(
Or if you switch to a large green one.;)

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
EDF (assuming that's who you mean) don't even figure on the top ten of best deals either.
In your area maybe. EDF just squeeze into my top ten at number nine, ahead of Lo Co2 Energy. :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
How does Ovo Energy stack for you guys. They offer a 100% renewable energy plan.

I am only on the 15% renewable plan but their customer service is second to none. After my experience with N-Power as my last provider I will from now on look at their customer service record when signing up for an energy plan. Ovo came in as one of the cheapest with a high customer service score. The website is easy to use too with handy usage graphs etc. Highly recommend.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Apparently this increases my bill by £36. I can save over £400 going elsewhere. I don't think I can afford not to.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
How does Ovo Energy stack for you guys. They offer a 100% renewable energy plan.
I'm with Ovo too, on New Energy plus Just Rewards. I was about to move to Ecotricity.

For my area (Southern) and usage, the Ovo Greener Energy tariff works out £16 more expensive than Ecotricity.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Mine will be about £12 cheaper. I'm surprised by some of the savings you're quoting by going brown, my annual bill is only something like £600 :confused:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts