Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My wife and I picked up a dealer demo Lithium white Ampera last weekend....... It's now our third car in the family as we also have a 300c and a Jeep Commander........ It's a tad more fuel efficient than those!!! Honestly I can say what an absolutely fantastic car it is in every way!! My fellow engineers love it at work and don't be surprised if you see a few more people on these pages!! Just got my Ecotricity card through and looking forward to getting a free charge!!

Being from a car modification background it won't be long before I start changing a few things.......... New wheels are first on the Menu........

Hopefully as I get more acquainted with the car I can be of some assistance.......

Damien......... Stratford Upon Avon

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,604 Posts
Hi Damien
I have also had a look at alternative wheels available, well as far as what is listed on ebay as being 'compatible' with the Ampera (kind of like all the other 'compatible' accessories I am not too sure about) and would be keen to find out on what you decide. Not that I dislike the current wheels just maybe like to be a bit different, although I have yet to see another one on the road when I am in mine so I suppose it is a bit different anyway.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Can't say I am too impressed with the stock wheels but just bear in mind that they do form part of the aero package. The flat plates (black) on the wheels actually help with the aerodynamics and will reduce electricity and fuel consumption. Replacing them with standard style wheels will reduce the range a bit... how much? Not much but over the life of the car it could be significant I would imagine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't believe it will make a noticeable difference...... The volt has very angular wheels when looking in side profile and the volt guys are still getting very high charge miles........ Think the big difference will be with the tyres and moving away from the hard compound Michellins......

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Yup... you're probably right :)

When you get your new wheels it would be great if you could stick a photo up so we can all admire them (and drool probably!!!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do Paul........ I've got a set of Chrysler 300c 8x20s that I was going to ebay but just found out the stud pattern and center bore is the same as the Ampera's........ They do have a high 23mm offset though and I would need 35 profile tyres which are breezy much rubber bands........ Need to check the standard wheel offset too as seen many different dimensions on the net......... Will post pics later today!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts