Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my iv60 in grey yesterday. Only went for heat pump, 100kw charge and basic park options for the front parking sensors.

So far it's brilliant. Kids like the suv "monster truck" style, missus likes the higher driving position.

Just need to get some practice with public charging before some long trips.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome to the Enyaq club!

Public charging is getting easier these days, with a lot of the newer charge points accepting contactless payments, so it's just plug-tap-go.

If you are doing a longer journey I'd suggest finding a few possible charging stops along the way (using an app like zap-map) and find out our which companies supply the chargers. That way you can download any apps you may need before you go, saving you time and stress on your journey.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the car a week now. So far the only minor irritant is the key - it's basically a smooth featureless block so when it's in my pocket I can't feel the buttons to open or lock.

One odd thing I had was engaging reverse, the camera didn't come on just had a black area where the image should be. From reverse into drive and then back into reverse fixed it.

On the range, I received the car with 88% charge on it. Since last charge the car has done 147 miles and GOM is showing 71 remaining, with 3.9 m/kW average. So I'm guessing that would be around 190 miles before I need to charge, which works out around 210ish for full charge. This has been all 30-40 mph so I expect it would drop on 70mph runs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm getting 4.1 m/kW and have been since I got the car in June. At first the GOM was telling me I would get 300+ miles out of a charge, which is clearly wrong. The more I've drove (2k) the more the GOM has improved. It's quite accurate now, within a few miles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I did a motorway run with my iV 60 yesterday (70mph indicated) and used 80% SOC to drive ~135 miles. Average was 3.0mi/kWh, so yes it definitely takes a tumble at 70mph. I usually get 3.5mi/kWh average, sometimes up to about 4.2mi/kWh with lots of gentle A-road driving.

I normally work to 2miles per % (or 200 miles from 100%), but clearly that doesn’t work at motorway speeds. I think I could have got up to 170miles with the remaining charge yesterday, or probably 190+ if I had driven slower.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First bit of motorway today at 70, and I too found range dropped. I've got a Manchester to Milton Keynes run this week so I've decided to play with the scheduled departure times to have 100% charge and preheated cabin before I go. Should be a good indication for me at least of range! I'm reasonably confident having read posts by MrHudson though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my departure time test was not a success; I set departure time off 8am, with heating in the cabin and target charge of 80%. I parked with 49% charge. Into the car this morning and it was warm inside, but the charge was at 63%. Looking at my rolec app it shows the car only started to charge at 7am, so there's no way it would have charged 31% in an hour as my rolec is only 7kW.

Is there some sort of method to make the car actually charge in advance so it hits the target charge? Or should I just plug in and tell it to immediately charge to 100%?

I'm not using the connected skoda app for two reasons: 1) I read it is rubbish, d bag d the VW app which I had with my passat gte and 2) when the passat subscription ran out it screwed up all the times and such, and the car wouldn't charge until I reset it all. I can't be bothered with that hassle with the enyaq.

Thanks in advance ☺

·
Registered
113 Posts
So my departure time test was not a success; I set departure time off 8am, with heating in the cabin and target charge of 80%. I parked with 49% charge. Into the car this morning and it was warm inside, but the charge was at 63%. Looking at my rolec app it shows the car only started to charge at 7am, so there's no way it would have charged 31% in an hour as my rolec is only 7kW.

Is there some sort of method to make the car actually charge in advance so it hits the target charge? Or should I just plug in and tell it to immediately charge to 100%?

I'm not using the connected skoda app for two reasons: 1) I read it is rubbish, d bag d the VW app which I had with my passat gte and 2) when the passat subscription ran out it screwed up all the times and such, and the car wouldn't charge until I reset it all. I can't be bothered with that hassle with the enyaq.

Thanks in advance ☺
Timed charging is known to be extremely broken in the ID.4 and the software in the Enyaq is the same. There are some hacks which can help to work around it such as setting multiple windows that run consecutively, but overall the advice is to avoid it until a software update fixes things.

The new Enyaq comes with 10 years connected services for free, so you’ve a while before anything might change there. However you can’t schedule pre-heat there, only activate heating now, and it can be a little flakey.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So one return trip from Manchester to Milton Keynes I got 151 miles at 4.1 m/kw. This was travelling at 60 most of the way averaged 48 mph and arrived with 37% remaining. Following charge advice here I charged to 80% at an instavolt and drove back. Again aiming for 60mph this time 4.2m/kw, average 45mph and 148 miles travelled. Got home with 16% remaining. So all in all I'm surprised as i expected to maybe need to charge twice on the way back.

One downside was a total centre display blackout after around an hour driving. It just went totally off, no sound no lights. After 5 minutes it came back on itself and reconnected to android auto. The display was very hot so I guess it is a thermal protection. I've read on other forums that this is an issue which perhaps software may resolve.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not at the time, as I presumed it would be fixed with an OTA software update. I should take it in really, yesterday the touch screen was just unresponsive. Laura could do things, but she's just not very good.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've got one of these for a couple of days.

Only had it the morning so far and so far I'm finding the infotainment a real letdown.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get it functioning to a level where it's easy and useable?

How do I find specific fast chargers? Do you just use the standard navigation, I managed to get android auto to work but it's still not ideal to have to wait for that to connect each time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got one of these for a couple of days.

Only had it the morning so far and so far I'm finding the infotainment a real letdown.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get it functioning to a level where it's easy and useable?

How do I find specific fast chargers? Do you just use the standard navigation, I managed to get android auto to work but it's still not ideal to have to wait for that to connect each time.
The in-built SatNav took me down a road that was closed. So much for connected services. I now pretty much only use CarPlay for maps (Google Maps), and either the Radio or CarPlay for audio.

I would just use ZapMap to find the chargers you need, then route to them with Google Maps.

There's so little data in the system that it's not really worth looking at that either. The only thing I find myself looking for occasionally is the % SOC since you only see that in the mini-screen below 10% (I believe that the ID. series software which is almost identical is getting % SOC in the dash screen from v3 onwards so expect that on a future Enyaq upgrade).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tried the built in sat nav. It's pretty poor. I couldn't find a way to see the route it was taking me, so I couldn't double check chargers on route. I used android auto instead - options of route and I could see the route plan. I always use android auto now.

I don't understand why the sat nav is so poor - its appears to be based on whatever system is used in the passat gte i had and that was much better.

I'm hoping it gets improved as the software is updated but it's disappointing that a half baked product is released in a production vehicle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is it just my car, or does any other have the following issue?

I unlock and get in the car, press and hold the brake to start. I select D and then if I don't immediately press the accelerator, the bong noise sounds and the car goes back into N with the handbrake still on. It doesn't do it every time, I'm not able to consistently reproduce it.

Just irritating as sometimes it does it and I'm pressing the accelerator but going nowhere!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is it just my car, or does any other have the following issue?

I unlock and get in the car, press and hold the brake to start. I select D and then if I don't immediately press the accelerator, the bong noise sounds and the car goes back into N with the handbrake still on. It doesn't do it every time, I'm not able to consistently reproduce it.

Just irritating as sometimes it does it and I'm pressing the accelerator but going nowhere!
I’ve not noticed this, although I almost exclusively select reverse first anyway.

I assume you’re talking about a case where auto hold is on, otherwise the car would just move as soon as you took your foot off the brake?

One thing that is super weird is that auto hold doesn’t activate if the driver door isn’t shut, so if you don’t fully close it then you can get a shock after putting it into drive and it suddenly moves when you didn’t expect it, however this is the opposite of what you’re seeing and is a documented behaviour in the manual.

edit: one other thought. Could it be related to seatbelt timing, or maybe the weight sensor in the seat? I know when you unbuckle the seatbelt it effectively turns the ignition off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I can reproduce it. Get in, press brake pedal. Seat belt not on. Engage D, release brake pedal (still no seat belt). Bong and car moves into N. So thank you @gbt for your insights and solving my incorrect starting process (y)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts