Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having driven a Disco Sport for 5 years (I do love the car) I am beginning to think VED will soon be unaffordable. I am also a Green Party district councillor so need to put my money where my mouth is. I have seen a 2016 30 KWh Leaf Acenta with 20+k on the clock at just shy of £12k. Loved it on the test drive and it is very tidy (other than some awful seat covers) . The dealer is going to get a parcel shelf and charging cable - that are inexplicably missing - and I am seriously considering it. This would actually give me some change from my partex !
Does this sound a good idea ? Its a year younger than my disco and 20k miles less but I am not sure if I will miss leather seats and heated seats.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you like it and it suits your needs, then go for it. However, I always get the top of the range cars when buying used cars, the difference in the used purchase price is minimal, and you do get the all-round cameras, the leather and heated front and rear seats and heated steering wheel. In this country I simply couldn't do without them. The birds-eye view from the cameras is brilliant for parking, when I bought my new Juke a few years ago within 3 weeks the lovely Jane managed to damage 2 of my alloys. Had the Tekna a year next month and no damage at all to my rims. Make sure this vehicle has 3/7kw charger, you can check on the display, if it gives you only the 3kw time to full charge, it doesn't have the 7kw, don't touch it with a bargepole.

Reactions: JohnMars

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had budget creep from 8k to 13k mainly to get a newer 30kw with a decent amount of remaining battery warranty. Am pleased I did - having driven the Accenta and Tekna the Tekna is a nicer place to be if you can afford it.

7kw charger is not a deal breaker IMHO - some swear by it but it really comes down to your intended use - its a bonus if you can get it but shouldn't necessarily put you off an otherwise good car.

Ive just bought a 2016 (66) 30KW Leaf Tekna about 3 weeks ago so have a look through my posts for useful tips and questions. I also did a pickup video here:

Watt EV

If they are still offering similar deals taking some of the payment on finance got me £400 off and 2 free services - I just have to make the 1st months finance payment and then i can pay off the outstanding balance and keep the perks.

Get your home energy supplier switched over to Octopus - they are cheaper than a lot of the big 6 and offer a 4 hour 5p / KWH electricity rate between 12.30 and 04.30 (on their Octopus Go tariff) which helps keep charging costs down. Use the referral link in my signature and we'll both get £50 under their referral scheme.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts