Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been lurking for a bit since I got the incling to go EV.
Using lockdown and a the change in work patterns to have a trial.
Sold my 8 year old Hilux and the OH is selling her petrol yaris so leased ourselves a Hyundai Ioniq Premium 38.3kw for the next 2 years to see how we get on with it. I have a wee work van too so not ditching fossil fuels altogether.
I'll be mostly hovering round the Hyundai, General and charging threads. We have no off street parking owning a terrace so keeping an eye out for ideas home charging!

Joe

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Welcome! Looks exactly like the one I have up for sale! But newer...

Have a peek at ioniqforum.com, looks exactly like this forum but dedicated to Hyundai Evs. You'll fine tons of info about updates to satnav/menus etc etc in there. And if your key fob has a little pins sticking up out of it, you're in great danger of keeping the key but losing the black fob bit, if that pin gets pressed accidentally! Happened to me twice at the dealers on the day I saw the car & collected it! Then again that evening at home on the driveway. Stupid design, so I designed, made & sell the solution to this, here! Hyundai Key Fob Loss Preventer

Mine the 2019 38 kWh model. I'm curious to know if your key fob is like mine, or whether they ditched that bad design for a better one. Hyundai seem to have a shed-load of different key styles...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is exactly the same as yours, had a peek at the sales post. I like the boot mat, where would I get one of those?
just had a look at my key and it's got a wee pin but it's quite a press to disengage the key from the fob so maybe they've strengthened the spring.
I've joined that forum too. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Sorry, no idea about the mat, that came from the guy who supplied me the spare wheel. I think it may be Ioniq OEM make though.

That pin may be fairly firm, but if the key's on a ring with others, like mine is, you can get a scissor-like action, or more like a nutcracker in fact, that squashes it down flat. Treat yourself to one of my tiny gadgets, go on, you know you want it now! :) Without it you'll always have that nagging fear at the back of your mind that you might lose it by accident... :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts