Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Now I’ve had the EV for a bit it’s good to see that with the Czero being the default car the wife’s golf can get through a month on less than a tank. Reckon uses a third possibly half less now :)
Not seeing payments to petrol stations as one of the most common items on the credit card statement is one of the nice benefits of having an EV in the family :)

·
CTiD
410 Posts
Not seeing payments to petrol stations as one of the most common items on the credit card statement is one of the nice benefits of having an EV in the family :)
SWMBO currently has a 1.0 Smart 451 which uses very little fuel so when my i3s Rex arrives next month we should see a saving... the outgoing A220 isn't too thirsty but I am looking forward to learning about EV ownership and a new way of thinking....

I might occasionally have to rely on Rex but I am sure at some point that I will regret the decision not to go full BEV as I could have had a load of extras if it hadn't been for the Rex... Still, I got the essential Harman Kardon sound and Apple CarPlay so not all bad....

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yesterday we fitted new front disks and pads as the old ones were in a very poor state. Also fitted new aircon unit mounts as the old bobbins were perished resulting in an annoying metallic squeak. This is where I got them..

https://www.avmountsonline.co.uk/bobbin-mounts/male-male-bobbin-mounts?gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-r_oOY3uGjzNo9KdhXo3J6SEYqycuwpVF9l9D_fPAIjwVYVQimeMlhoCZ3YQAvD_BwE

So that's the brake fluid changed, rear drums inspected and cleaned, rear drive oil changed, new pollen filter and transmission cable cleaned and lubed.

Honestly, feels like a different car to when I first got it in April. So smooth and quiet now :)

All for ~£95! I have a previous owner Citroen invoice... £259.20 for an inspection service including pollen filter and brake fluid change!

Cheers

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Bored during lockdown...

Cheap eBay cup holder from China.

For all these forthcoming McDonalds drive-through visits :)
IMG_3990.JPG
🤣

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Finally added rear speakers, £15 from Halfords. After I fabricated MDF mounting rings it was a quick easy job. Certainly sounds a lot better :)

36DA4ED2-33B8-4BB6-8CD8-9C98FEF134AF.jpeg

41 - 46 of 46 Posts