Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I collected my Kia Soul EV from Evogo (Price is on the higher side, but compared to KIA quotes inline) on Friday, no hassle at all only placed the order 2 weeks ago.

Car had just under 200miles on the clock and was spotlessly clean.

So Friday I was going to Herne Bay with a few friends and suggested we took the Soul and we are glad we did, I had around 240 miles when I left home and arrived into Herne Bay with 130 miles on the range. The drive was 105 miles so thought it performed very well, especially with a fully-loaded car with 4 adults and driving at my usual ICE speeds on the motorway.

Over the weekend we went around Kent seeing some coastal towns and also Canterbury. I was impressed with the Charging Network I may have got lucky but, a busy car park had only 2 spaces for EV's and they were empty. On the way home I used the Polar point near a Karting circuit. One of my friends who drives an ICE met us there and was joking about my "Kia" he was driving a VW Ice and on the way home he broke down on the M11.... so what does that say?

My overall first impressions are very good of the Soul EV.... although the UVO app needs some work doing, I used it to lock my car and then it would not unlock thankfully.... I was at the gym so my partner came with the spare key!

Cannot wait to share more of my views and also trips with the car; I hope to post more on my Instagram which I will post below!

EV Roadtripper UK

Thanks!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
Welcome!

Did you lock the car with the UVO app? There is a bug, meaning that you can only unlock it with the app as a result.

Hope you enjoy the car, I do enjoy mine! Nice colour too!;)

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks, Oh yes I do think the colour makes it stand out ;)

Yes, I locked the Car with the UVO app, I will retry when at home next time. But has put me off using it somewhat.

I hopefully will be planning on Cotswolds/New Forest etc with the car so we shall see how that goes!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
266 Posts
Welcome!

Did you lock the car with the UVO app? There is a bug, meaning that you can only unlock it with the app as a result.

Hope you enjoy the car, I do enjoy mine! Nice colour too!;)
Is that a Soul specific bug? Cause it works OK with the e-Niro.

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
21 Posts
Is that a Soul specific bug? Cause it works OK with the e-Niro.
Works ok on the soul too - unless I'm misunderstanding 'and then it would not unlock'

I've forgotten to lock the car a couple of times, uvo has reminded me and I've used uvo to lock - but never used uvo (or needed to) to unlock - then again i don't often use the key to unlock either - just the button on the door handle.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
I might be wrong, what I mean is: I have seen reports of the lock/unlock working in only one direction, e.g. lock with UVO, can only unlock with it. Or something similar. At least one YouTube video.

And I tried today, successfully locked my car with UVO, and unlocked with key. But car locked with key, could not unlock it with UVO, some error message.

·
Registered
85 Posts
he was driving a VW Ice and on the way home he broke down on the M11.... so what does that say?
Plenty of posts on here about (for example) EVs not starting and needing towed to the dealer for weeks of debug and head scratching, but my VW ICE has never failed to start... so what does that say?

Not sure you can read much more into either case than "sometimes cars break down".

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 20
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plenty of posts on here about (for example) EVs not starting and needing towed to the dealer for weeks of debug and head scratching, but my VW ICE has never failed to start... so what does that say?

Not sure you can read much more into either case than "sometimes cars break down".
It was more to say I had friends who found it comical I had a Kia No 1. Then it being electric No 2. It just proved I got back a lot easier and quicker than them!

I know ICE and EVs breakdown and both can cause headaches.

Thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
204 Posts
I might be wrong, what I mean is: I have seen reports of the lock/unlock working in only one direction, e.g. lock with UVO, can only unlock with it. Or something similar. At least one YouTube video.

And I tried today, successfully locked my car with UVO, and unlocked with key. But car locked with key, could not unlock it with UVO, some error message.
That's what I see, and I think that is the error - lock car with key, can't unlock it with UVO. It can only be opened with UVO if it was locked with UVO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts